Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what kind of B-Body parts would be popular enough to sell alot of for a group purchase? I was thinking maybe window rollers, Impala SS emblem that goes above the radio, Wiper Arm Bolt Covers, Grill Emblems, Spark Plug Heat Shields or even Coolant Tube Seals for the back of the heads (but no bolts they are not available any more). You tell me what you want and if enough people step up we do do another Group Purchase for these kind of items. So what will it be people?
Mike--Hamilton Chevy

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
^^^^^Co-Sign^^^^^

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
There's always a need for the exhaust bolt kits. Could do full kits and/or individual sides. Window roller kits as well. I think both the rollers and door panel clip things usually come in bulk. A kit, per door, might be nice. I think three rollers and 5 (or is it 6?) of the trees would be cool, or full car kits. Stuff like that. Just my $.02 off the top of my head.

Sean

·
Registered
624 Posts
Window roller kits as well. I think both the rollers and door panel clip things usually come in bulk. A kit, per door, might be nice. I think three rollers and 5 (or is it 6?) of the trees would be cool, or full car kits.

Sean
Good idea, +1. I was recently pulled over and couldn't roll down my window because it's off the track. I don't think that helped the situation any.:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Steering boxes maybe?

Just replaced the one in my 95 Fleetwood with a reman stock version, which is too slow for my tastes, and I'm looking for something tighter and faster. Judging from the steering threads discussions, there seem to be a lot of higher-mileage B-bodies with worn-out boxes, and the hot ticket sounds like the Impala/Roadmaster 2.5 turns lock-to-lock unit. Might work for a GP if the remans are good quality? The Delco one on Rock Auto is a reman for $313, or $478 with core charge.
Mark

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
What about heater hose restrictors for 94-96 cars? I'm gonna need one, and would probably pick up a spare to keep in the glovebox (which is a good idea for anyone who owns these cars).

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hell, I need 2 a/c compressors. My B4U's compressor just seized up completely, and my 9C1's unit is starting to growl when turned on. I guess that's what I get for buying two cars from the same year. It seems that when something goes wrong with one car, the other car is soon to follow. :(

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hell, I need 2 a/c compressors. My B4U's compressor just seized up completely, and my 9C1's unit is starting to growl when turned on. I guess that's what I get for buying two cars from the same year. It seems that when something goes wrong with one car, the other car is soon to follow. :(
I will be more then Happy to try to help you out. What year vehicles and what are your VIN's. I will look them up and let you know. Thanks alot.
Mike--Hamilton Chevy

·
Registered
477 Posts
I checked on this once before and most of them are Obsolete and no longer available so it is not possible to put together a full set.
Daaahhh...I need body bushings too..

Like the window rollers...I'll probably jump on that GP here soon.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
+1 for the LS motors :D
The markup on engines is very little so we will not be offering any. There are dealers who buy them by the truck load and they get a discounted price from GM and we can not touch the price they sell for since we would be a single unit buyer. Sorry.
Mike--Hamilton Chevy

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
It’s kind of a seasonal thing but this time of year there’s a tremendous amount of post about heater cores, and in the summer there’s the onslaught of A/C compressor replacements as well as water pumps. So why not offer those 3 items.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It’s kind of a seasonal thing but this time of year there’s a tremendous amount of post about heater cores, and in the summer there’s the onslaught of A/C compressor replacements as well as water pumps. So why not offer those 3 items.
I have found on those 3 items that most people will not pay dealer prices when they can get them at Auto Zone so much cheaper?
Mike--Hamilton Chevy

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.