Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting ready to get some black 22" rims for the bomb. It's a 91 ex cop car on air bags. It's been c-notched In the back and it has belltec 2" dropped spindles as part of the front suspension. I've read the rim threads and others as well. Not much mentioned for the 91-93 crowd. I have read that the 91 cop cars had the narrow rear end with drums on them. I don't think so but, do drums change the rears length?
I have also read that belltec spindles move your front wheels out .5" or .75" on each side. Is this true? And which is the correct measurement?
So I'm asking if anyone would know what offset(s) I'm gonna need to run? Does anyone have a similar setup on there car? What are you running? Thanks here she sits on some old 17" eagles right now

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
You want ideally something around a 22x9 and +20 offset. Lucky for you, BOSS makes several wheels in that configuration.

Just about everything else you'll find will be 22x9.5 and +15 or lower. The closer to +20 you get, the more it will tuck.

the 22x9 lets you run skinny tires without stretching the hell out of them.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Not to change the subject but are your taillights shaved? And i had 24x10s with 15 offset with no problems.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies and kind words. I appreciate it. It's been alot of work on a car I acquired not wanting in the first place but had alot of potential and couldn't see it trashed.
Yes the taillights are shaved street trends roll pan and cadi lights turned sideways. Came out good

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm running 22x8.5's up front and 22x10's out back 15mm no problems.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
I'm running 22x8.5's up front and 22x10's out back 15mm no problems.
And you're bagged?

I never said a +15 won't work, just that a +20 gives you even more tuck. This only matters on a BAGGED car. The tire size makes a difference, too. On a bagged car the 255/30's work well.

So do it already!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yeah I'm bagged firewood, just was throwing out my combo if he wanted to try it, 255/30/22 tires up front and 295/25/22 out back......

·
Registered
976 Posts
Man stillagat24 that thing is clean

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Ive seen pics of that car, with a for sale sign on it in a couple places, looks good.

Glad a ISSF member owns it now.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
Yeah I'm bagged firewood, just was throwing out my combo if he wanted to try it, 255/30/22 tires up front and 295/25/22 out back......

Don't take my tone as confrontational. It was not intended to be. I had no idea if your car was bagged, so I was actually asking.:D
EDIT: Beacuse I totally missed it in you signature: 1994 Impala SS. 260,ooo miles. #1,318 of 6,303...With fresh paint, Bagged, Gun metal 22's, Gun Metal tail lights, Pop Trunk, Fully custom interior, Fully custom trunk.....383 stroker coming soon!!!
Reading is fundamental!

It also makes a difference that the front wheel you're running is even narrower than the 22x9 I mentioned. The 8.5 width really helps things out.

Its useful to know how low you intend to go. What are you thinking of, wheel wise? Chrome? Black? Clear?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Naw, I didn't take it that way, all the help you have given me over the years, I refer people to you all the time....I had a different name on here but I forgot the name and password after I was out of touch for months after Hurricane Rita.

·
Registered
378 Posts
picked up my wheels yesterday and test fitted them....

boss 333 22x9 +12 offset 255/30

the only problem is that the rear will hafta be completly re-tubbed to lay frame but i already knew that needed to be done, especially if you wanna come clost to layin frame....but the offset of +12 tucks good and i've put a +15 on it and it tucks too...

just pick a rwd wheel that has a low offset and you'll be fine

·
Registered
378 Posts
i got the all flat black...the car is gonna be red soon...

here is a pic....its got to go up about 5 or 6 more inches to lay frame

·
Registered
378 Posts
pretty much....the old school stuff got played out fast and its been done for 4 or 5 years so its time for something new....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts