Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I am running the OEM decarbon orginal shocks with 72,000 miles on them. I do alot of drag racing and have found that the best drag suspension is a worn out stock suspension. I have upgraded the lower control arms but that is it. Still run the stock sway bars too. But I am finding out that the car is not much fun to drive on the street anymore. Give me some good ideas for upgrades on the shocks that will still give me 1.6 60ft times but still handle well on the street. Thanks. :D
HVY SS

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hals will be the only way to go for a street car you want to enjoy and to hook really well. Some of our vendors sell them cheaper than Sumit but they are sitll $125 or so apiece, everyone that has them loves them though.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I second the HALS. If I had it to do all over agin that's what I would go with. I have the Koni's, which are 5-way adjustable, NOT 12-way like the HALS. They are $95/each from summit but they are not anywhere near as easy to adjust as the HALS. If you just need to adjust the back, it only takes about 10 minutes (as long as you keep that bushing/spacer thing out of there) though.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those might both be very nice shocks, but neither are going to be great for the strip and street, he wants good 60ft. times and good handling the best way to get that will be quality adjuatable shocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts