Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Change ure oil also...Lol jk...
Airfilter, spark plugs, radiator flush, nd some other things?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
coolant exchange 89.99 transmission flush w/ filter 139.99
90 buxs for a radiator flush is expensive...its super easy to do a radiator flush...

ive done 2 so far and its supppppppeeeerrrrrr easy...dont pay for a radiator flush!!!!!

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
coolant exchange 89.99 transmission flush w/ filter 139.99
Do not flush your transmission. Just change fluid and filter.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Change the front to a 90s euro clip w/ a billet grill!! :D jk
maybe a cap, rotor and plug wires to add to the list??

i wonder if thats even possible lol...

Im guessing ian works at pepboys cwm5.....radiator flush=done

so i guess im doing the plugs, wires, cap & rotor, and the trans service:D

anything else?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
thanks Simpson!
Muther****er im retarded LMAO, i didnt see the big K after "85". I swear im not a dumbass cwm6

there, all deleted :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
take off your throttle body and Maf and clean it. replace your air filter. If you have not done it already.. Lots of nastyness in there.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
take off your throttle body and Maf and clean it. replace your air filter. If you have not done it already.. Lots of nastyness in there.
Do it once a month :)...replaced air filter already too

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
I always flush transmissions. I drop the pan and filter first, If their is not any junk in the pan, Its safe.

So many have the mentality that a full fluid change out on the a transmission is going to kill it. That reasoning is in place because how many people with cars have gotten their transmission fluid changed right when they noticed the transmissions performance degrading? Usually that issue is a tell tale sign that the transmission is on the way out. The NEW fluid had nothing to do with it.. The transmission was neglected or overheated too many times before hand.

I keep fresh ATF in every 4L60E here and change the fluid every 30-50,000 miles. I have 4, 4l60's

If the transmission is a piece of crap, Its a piece of crap.. If its a good transmission, NEW fluid is not going to hurt it. If its a piece of crap with burnt smelling transmission fluid, Forget it. Its on its way out because its been overheated.

Anyway.. Yes, Change the Filter, clean pan and refill the transmission. Run it around, then you can if you want run about 12 -14 quarts of new ATF through it. I have a measuring jar and I remove one of the lines off the transmission cooler. I pump out TWO quarts... Shut the car, ADD two quarts, Repeat until finished. Some PUMP out 4 quarts at a time. I dont like to do this because the pump is just about sucking nothing but air. 2 quarts at a time is Alot safer... You will never get the transmission fluid 100% clean as new mixes with the old.. Overall, The fluid will be in better condition after this is done.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I always flush transmissions. I drop the pan and filter first, If their is not any junk in the pan, Its safe.

So many have the mentality that a full fluid change out on the a transmission is going to kill it. That reasoning is in place because how many people with cars have gotten their transmission fluid changed right when they noticed the transmissions performance degrading? Usually that issue is a tell tale sign that the transmission is on the way out. The NEW fluid had nothing to do with it.. The transmission was neglected or overheated too many times before hand.

I keep fresh ATF in every 4L60E here and change the fluid every 30-50,000 miles. I have 4, 4l60's

If the transmission is a piece of crap, Its a piece of crap.. If its a good transmission, NEW fluid is not going to hurt it. If its a piece of crap with burnt smelling transmission fluid, Forget it. Its on its way out because its been overheated.

Anyway.. Yes, Change the Filter, clean pan and refill the transmission. Run it around, then you can if you want run about 12 -14 quarts of new ATF through it. I have a measuring jar and I remove one of the lines off the transmission cooler. I pump out TWO quarts... Shut the car, ADD two quarts, Repeat until finished. Some PUMP out 4 quarts at a time. I dont like to do this because the pump is just about sucking nothing but air. 2 quarts at a time is Alot safer... You will never get the transmission fluid 100% clean as new mixes with the old.. Overall, The fluid will be in better condition after this is done.
Thank you for your knowledge sir..cwm7

1 - 13 of 13 Posts