Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and was wondering what size tires I should buy? I just bought the car from strokerss a few weeks ago. Thanks, greg

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
I wouldn't have 17" drag radials unless they were for full-time street use. And with 10" wide rims, might as well do 315/35's.

But for racing, only 15" rims make sense.

Been there, done that.

KW

·
Registered
483 Posts
agreeeeed on all stated by KW

·
Registered
26 Posts
What size drag radial you guy prefer for a 15x10 that will fit without rubbing

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
With drag radials, I had best results using 275/60/15's on an 8" rim and 19 PSI.

KW

·
Registered
26 Posts
What b.s. On an 8 in. Rim w/275/60/15

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
On my latest set of street tires, I run MT 295-45-17drag radials, on ROH 17X9.5 rims, on the rear. They fit and tuck well, they seem to hook fairly well on the street.:)

I haven't tried them at the strip, but they do look good!:D

I have more serious rubber for the strip. FWIW

Of course, it's not a daily driver either.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hahhahahaa he was asking what back spacing on an 8" rim. Im waiting for somebody to chime in too on that because i know 4" doesnt work and im on a 28x10.5x15. 4.5 or 5 seems ideal. Haha relax

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
Hahhahahaa he was asking what back spacing on an 8" rim.......
OK......I'm the dumb-ass and I apologize.

Yeah.......4" backspacing on the 8" rim with 275/60's.

Your tires are wider than the 275's and would not fit on this set-up.

NOTE......that 4" backspacing may not clear the calipers if you have aftermarket (performance) rear brakes.

KW

·
Registered
483 Posts
yea i have the 9c1 rear on my impala....thats why my 4" dont work. smh

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok, I plan on raising my car back up to the hotchkis springs take the 2" drop spindles off. Wondering if I could run the M&H 325/50/15 on the 15x10 soft 8 rims w/6"b.s. Without rubbing? Or do I have to go back w/stock height?

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
......Wondering if I could run the M&H 325/50/15......Without rubbing? Or do I have to go back w/stock height?
Most of us had/have rubbing with stock SS tires (no big deal) at least up front when turning. You should expect the same.

Shouldn't have any issues otherwise, since the tires you're looking at are shorter than 235/70-15's.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

KW

1 - 13 of 13 Posts