Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Jack stands may be the most overlooked safety equipment items in a DIY garage. They provide safe, fixed support for a raised vehicle. Some repairs and maintenance items can only be done from underneath a vehicle, so jack stands are extremely important for your safety. If you're new to the world of car jacks and floor stands, you need to figure out the right size for your vehicle.

You're in the right place because our new article will explain what you should be looking for when selecting floor jacks and stands. It explains how to choose lifting equipment that’s right for your needs and how to stay safe while you are working on your vehicle.

Hit the link below to read the full article!

FAQ: Floor Jacks and Jack Stands

·
Registered
510 Posts
After my first manual swap I was so sick of not having enough clearance even with large jackstands I just spent the money on the race ramps. Combination of the wheel cribs and jackstands makes life a lot lot easier. So worth it in my opinion if you're working off the floor.

When it came to pull the trans out again the second time it was a breeze comparatively.

Yea I know you can build it out of wood also.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Picked up these a few months ago. Haven't tried the jack feature yet as just the higher ramps themselves are few inches higher than any other ramps I could find. What a wonderful difference.
When jacked, I recall the height is like 14-15 inches.
Wheel Tire Product Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
Fun vid. Appears some legit setups above. After far too many decades with sets of stamped steel Craftsman 1-tonners, then upgrading to 3-T. cast steel sets, I finally treated myself to a set of pinned 6-tonners. It was mostly for the safety from foot kicks, but the ht. is an extra bene and plenty for most anything. Funny, but I check to make sure it's not 'too high' for what I'm working on:

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Water

Reactions: 91ss

·
Registered
“91” Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
299 Posts
FYI, I would get some wood to place under the stands. I have had stands sink into the asphalt, especially on hot sunny days, and I'm talking about when I lived in Pennsylvania.

Reactions: IndyL03
1 - 7 of 7 Posts