Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
T56 guys, I am just curious as to which stick you guys use? I found that the stick with the Hurst Billet Pro was too short to be comfortable. I mean with the elbow on the console, you had to break the wrist to grab the knob. On my first one, I used the stock handle out of my old 79 Z28 off the Borg T-10 4 speed. Granted, I had to drill a second hole in it, but I thought it was more ergonomically correct.

Since I just bought a "new" 6 speed Impala that was equipped with a Hurst Billet Pro with the stock stick, I recently replaced it with a Hurst stick that is 10.5" tall with 2.75 pullback and a 1" offset. I did mount it on the right (passenger) side of the shifter just to center it. I moved the console forward about 3/4" just to give enough clearance for the boot, but it works and looks great. If this thread generates enough interest, I'll post pics.

Until then, I am toying with personalized plate choices....lemme know what you think:

1st choice: DIY SHFT
2nd choice: RO UR OWN
3rd choice: SHFT URS

· Premium Member
5,630 Posts
I have a billt Pro in my car with the stick that came with it, seems just right. I was using a competition plus shifter with the standard stick that came with the shifter and it was offset to the left, was confortable to drive with, but I felt the stick was a little to long for me. The new shifters stick is straight and not angled, I will have to let you know how that one works out for me.

Here is with the competition plus shifter with the bonnie console I had with my auto, but went with a Taurus console in the next pic and it fit perfect.

Mike

Mike

· Registered
6,531 Posts
Norm:

Cool you have a stick you like...if it fits your rig great.

Many of us run the HURST Pro Billet and like it. Some mounted standard and others with the "F2B" rig that sets it back about 1.5". Every driver size/reach is different so options are all good. Post up a pic f your set up.

Mine attached is HURST in standard position BUT mounted on PS of shift base as you did with your shifter.

Attachments

· Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pics of mine

Here are some pics I took this morning. Last one is kinda S****y but you get the idea. I just wondered what everyone else thought about the ergonomics of the 6 speed in these wide cars.

· Registered
880 Posts
I have a Hurst stick on mine, too. It's like 9-10" tall, bent back like 3" and offset like 3/4" I think. It's a lot more comfortable than the stick that came with the competition plus shifter, but I still don't like it.

I actually bought a stick off a mustang, just to see how I liked it.

Sorry for the crappy pics, but it's all it had on short notice. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.