1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Those things are lurking about at every turn.

Separated at birth? :

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
The chev 789 was built on a C6 chassis
" supposted" to be the best of 57, 58, 59 Chevy all together.
These and cars like them , no matter how well built , seem to alway fall into the" just because you can doesn't mean you should" category

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Without a doubt its BEST angle. Poor thing was simply out of scale, and either the nose and tail smaller, or the donor bigger. The whole experiment would have been pulled off more effectively using a '60's A- or even '80's G-body.

........the "just because you can doesn't mean you should" category
Can I have an A - Men!

·
Registered
1996 Chevrolet Caprice
24 Posts
I will never understand people that do these "modifications". If you want that look then go buy a real one! Maybe they can't afford it but that's not the cars fault! The car ends up being one of a kind and absolutely worthless. It's a damn shame.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Found this Caprice (Cockprice?) PPV on eBay recently.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That attracts a very selective (blind) buyer.
If the seller wasn't asking an enormous price for it ($50K if I recall), then I would have bought it just to save it from itself and turn it back into a respectable PPV. I mean they are fairly rare here.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Well just imagine all the types of people something like that's gonna attract.

Come to think of it, try NOT to imagine all the types of people something like that's gonna attract.

I like a custom standing on its own:

As long as it doesn't become a caricature of itself:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dealer,
"Can you describe the sound?"

Caprice owner,
" it's a weird clucking sound"
It sounds like the turbo encabulator might be going out.

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
I think they were dreaming when they thought that six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft would actually have any long term durability

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pre
I think they were dreaming when they thought that six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft would actually have any long term durability
It would probably be more durable if the base plate wasn't made of prefabulated amulite.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
That's just about guaranteed never to be stolen. Along with every Aztec ever produced.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's just about guaranteed never to be stolen. Along with every Aztec ever produced.
Makes you wonder if it was GMs plan all along?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts