Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys got my new wheels i am looking at tires.the rear tires are 20"x10" fronts are 20"x8.5".I have being looking at the bf goodrich kdw.I believe they only have it up to 285/30/20.i would do that in the rear.i am thinking 255/35/20 in front.
I currently have 20 billet specialties w/ sumitomo tires.
What recommendations do you guys have.I won,t be drag racing or autocrossing but definitely spirited driving.
Thanks for any help
Paul.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have always used hankooks, I just got a set today of hankook ventus evo k110. same setup you listed. 715 retail from tireeasy.com. I got them brand new from Craigslist for $350.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I want to add that I used multiple sets of hankooks on 18,20, and 22 inch rims with no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys i will give them a look.
Paul.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi guys got my new wheels i am looking at tires.the rear tires are 20"x10" fronts are 20"x8.5".I have being looking at the bf goodrich kdw.I believe they only have it up to 285/30/20.i would do that in the rear.i am thinking 255/35/20 in front.
I currently have 20 billet specialties w/ sumitomo tires.
What recommendations do you guys have.I won,t be drag racing or autocrossing but definitely spirited driving.
Thanks for any help
Paul.
well im running nitto invo and i tell you what...these are hands down the best driving, sounding, and handling tires i have ever owned. i have run toyo proxes, pirellis, hankook (currently on my expedition with 23s) and nitto 555r and i gotta say the nittos are the best i have ever owned. they are pricey (about 800-1000 a set) but you dont get the typical "tire roar" that you normally get from the low profile tires and also they grip like hell. also the tread pattern is awesome too. take a look at it. im running 255 35 front and 295 35 rear. i should have run a 285 30 in the rear but i thought it would look a little better than it did.

·
Registered
346 Posts
well im running nitto invo and i tell you what...these are hands down the best driving, sounding, and handling tires i have ever owned. i have run toyo proxes, pirellis, hankook (currently on my expedition with 23s) and nitto 555r and i gotta say the nittos are the best i have ever owned. they are pricey (about 800-1000 a set) but you dont get the typical "tire roar" that you normally get from the low profile tires and also they grip like hell. also the tread pattern is awesome too. take a look at it. im running 255 35 front and 295 35 rear. i should have run a 285 30 in the rear but i thought it would look a little better than it did.
can you post your wheels offset and backspacing. just want to do some tire size comparisons, and when and if you rub.

·
Registered
654 Posts
can you post your wheels offset and backspacing. just want to do some tire size comparisons, and when and if you rub.
dont quote me on this but if i remember correctly my offset was +15 and the backspacing was either 5 or 5.5. as for rubbing, absolutely none whatsoever. the wheels sit squarely in the fender well with about 3/4" space on each side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts