Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1994 Impala SS. I want to do some mods, what should I do first? And 2nd and so on? I would appreciate it very much. The car has 128000 miles on it, but the engine has approx. 30000 on it. It is completely stock. Thanks for the help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it has not allready been done, replace the auxilary battery post (the spot on the fuse box where the wire from the battery connects). If it is zinc replace it, if it is brass then it has allready been done and you dont have to worry about it. Do a search for more information on them. It is a problem with 94 Impala's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by 72lotus:
If it has not allready been done, replace the auxilary battery post (the spot on the fuse box where the wire from the battery connects). If it is zinc replace it, if it is brass then it has allready been done and you dont have to worry about it. Do a search for more information on them. It is a problem with 94 Impala's.
Great info.... New to me!!!

:D
----------------------------------
Oh.. for mods??? This is what I have done......

-Cat-back exhaust :D
-Intake (SSRI) :D :D
-Coolant re-route
-Underdrive Pulley
-Bryan Herter - www.pcmforless.com :D
-Headers-spend some money here is pays :D
-Hotchkis engine bay brace (as much for looks)
NEXT - Hotchkiss Springs - FRIDAY
- F-Body Sway bar
- Body Bushing Mod.
- Port & Polish heads (valve job springs etc)
- Roller Rockers
- 270 or 845 Cam
I do not yet see a need for gears and a torque converter. Mine drives great with all kinds of get up and go. When I do the cam I may change my mind.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In MHO I would let Bryan Herter do you computer and install a 2400 stall convertor to help out your 3.08 gears. Enjoy your ride, I have a not quite stock 95 SS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats on the new impala. I bought my 94 back in march. I learned allot from this site real fast. All the things to look for are posted here just do a search. My car only had 70,000 miles on it but I had to spend allot of time and $$$ to get it up to my standards. Check for the rear disc sliders , mine were froze up. I did the AUX battery post mod as well. My suspension was pretty well shot to boot. The oil cooler lines were leaking ( common problem I found ). I have only done maintenance stuff on mine except for the throttle body coolant bypass and I think she feel plenty strong for now. It does seem to need a little more pep in the upper rpms but down low it is real fun to drive. Good luck and enjoy..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.