Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Check your coolant level. Make sure it's above the plastic bar in your expansion tank.
2. See if your heater core is plugged. A flush is easy.
3. Replace the thermostat. Could be stuck open. To check, cold-start the car and let it warm up. The lower heater hose should be HOT before either of the radiator hoses start to warm up. If they warm up at the same rate, replace the thermostat.
4. Make sure the air door in the HVAC module is moving properly to allow air to go through the heater core.

·
Registered
815 Posts
2. See if your heater core is plugged. A flush is easy.
Maybe easy for some, but when the temperature is between -40° and 20°F for the next three months, and the garden hose is frozen like a stone... not so easy. :p

And by April, we will start to get temperatures over 30°F and then the heat isn't really needed anymore.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Maybe easy for some, but when the temperature is between -40° and 20°F for the next three months, and the garden hose is frozen like a stone... not so easy. :p

And by April, we will start to get temperatures over 30°F and then the heat isn't really needed anymore.

I use a screw-on adapter (originally used to fill a water bed) threaded onto the kitchen sink faucet. Running the garden hose from the sink through to the garage allows me to have the water temp in the hose as hot as I want it. It really makes those cold weather coolant-related tasks much easier.

Oh yes, and I've dragged the frozen garden hose into the house to defrost in the bath tub more than once. ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts