Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I replaced all my stock speakers in the Impala with some Xplods I had laying in garage... well I also have this stuff laying in garage.
2 Infinity 12s in box and 1200watt xplod amp, a 600watt xplod amp, a really old 750watt Houston Acoustic amp. Also all the wireing to wire whatever I want up.
So... put the subs in and 1200watt xplod amp Yes.
What should I do with other two amps? Thought maybe use them to boost the xplod door speakers but all my amps are only 2 channel. Unsure if speakers in back deck can even handle the 600watt amp.
idk i just want the singing to match the bump ya know...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a cheap aftermarket headunit.
I wouldnt be able to sell amps for much at all.
Rear xplod speakers say 240watt each with 50rms which aftermarket headunit puts out 50rms it says...

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Assuming the 1200w amp was a 4 channel...I'd have used that for the door speakers and one of the 2 channel's bridged for the sub(s).

I mean ****, with a quality sub does it really make a difference? I remember running an adire audio shiva in my first car and I only had a 300-320 watt amp for that and it would pop up my sunroof without even trying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just use the extra amps. It wont hurt anything. If you use a 2ch. amp on the 4 speakers all you will lose is the ability to fade front to back.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
You could run the 750w amp to the front speakers and the 600 to the rears. But running those two amps plus the 1200 for the sub is going to create a whole lot of power draw which will likely mean you will have to add a second battery and/or upgrade alternator or add another alternator.

·
Registered
934 Posts
just use the 600 what amp and keep the amp down to almost nothing you'll be fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts