Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting all of my parts together to bag the front of the '91 in the next few weeks. I have all of the new Moog stuff, air bags, shocks, etc. I need some dropped spindles. I was told that dropped spindles will push the front wheels out about 1/2". Is this true? I just looked at it and i dont think I can spare 1/2". The tire will rub on the fender lip. I am running adapters to make the wheels fit right now. Can the front rotors be drilled for a different bolt pattern? That way I could loose the adapters and tuck by at least 1 1/4". I am trying to get it to lay rail. What should I do? I appreciate all suggestions. :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you use Shockwaves in the front Air Ride technologies will tell you not only do you not need lowered spindles but they strongly suggest NOT using them due to the fact you can lay rail with them without dropped spindles and dropped spindles cause some tire clearance problems especially if you have the TCE big brake system.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depends on the size tires if you can lay without spindles but with stock i'm pretty sure you need them.

I am doing mine next week, i have 2600# bags and will custom make the brackets. I also have spindles and will be cutting a piece of the upper spring pocket so the bag doesn't rub. I also have to take out the inner fenders and relocate the stuff thats mounted to them. With stock size tires or anything bigger you need to take out the fenders to lay. I will be working on mine tues. through sat. I'm also doing a couple of other things at the same time so i have a LOT of work to do next week. I cant wait till i can drag though :D :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.