Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I have a 1996 DCM Impala SS, and have just re-installed new 383 stroker. What ever triggers the fuel pump to work appears not to be working. I do get fuel pressure when I use the pos battery terminal to prime connector jumper but nothing from the key. A little back ground, I used a shop in Denver call Dragon Race Engineering but they apparently didn't like the Racetronix harness I had them install for our last go round before they blew up my engine on the dyno about a year ago and cut it out and used factory wiring to power twin walbro 340's in the tank. So I am attempting to figure out why no pressure or pumps from the key on engine off position. Anyone have any ideas on where to start checking for problem? I do get spark, I do get fuel pressure from the prime connector on the passenger side fender well next to the A/C dryer, I am stumped.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried another FP relay? (In the underhood fuse/relay box).
Yes, my next course of action is to do the No fuel, Spark ok Diagnostic located in this forum. but I already know the pumps work. I am curious to find out if bulkhead connector I purchased is also missing. I am guessing the intank harness is shot as well with the monkeying around the shop did, it was most likely fried by having to power two pumps. I am looking for a harness that will work for both pumps with bulk head connector. Racetronix says they have a grand national double pumper harness that can be modified but so far there is no response from them as to what needs to be modified.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts