Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to get one of these up and running in a b-body?

TIA

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that a factory head unit out of something? Doesn't look familiar.

Eclipse has 2-DIN decks like that, but it'd take some hacking to get one to fit in a B-body dashboard. Can't wait to see how it turns out! :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That won't fit. Besides it uses DATA LINK to link all other computers in the vehicle it came out of, and more than likley it is a non-amplified unit.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Thump:
nadie te quiere cabron! :D
Conque tu hermana me quiera, con eso basta :D

Is that a factory head unit out of something? Doesn't look familiar.
Its a factory DVD/NAV screen outta the new GM trucks. DATA LINK sucks :( Any way to get around that?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
buy a wiring harness for that year of truck, probably find one at any audio store for 15 bucks. Ready the wiring diagram and delete what you don''t need. i dont think it will be easy but it is possible.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It won't work. It has no acc. power wire. It gets it's acc. power through the data wire. Plus most of the newer GM radios have a new theftlock system built in that reads the VIN of the vehicle that is programmed into the computers. Trust me I do this for a living and I get so many people that come to my store and want me to put these units in for them. They are pretty unhappy to hear the bad news but there is nothing I can do for them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts