Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has a tendency to want to "buck" the steering wheel a bit at full lock turning, like in a parking lot. Also, it sounds like my car has loose change in it's pockets from the front end. Are my control arms loose and the shims rattling? If so, I'm worried. This is what cause the frame on my Roadmaster to break.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
loose change sound could be the shims, brake pads
or front sway endlink washers. my problem was the
rubber bushings rotted out.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
-Check the brake pads to ensure the "clinch" operation was done correctly. That's the first place I'd check, the fix is quick, easy and free.

-Jay

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was under it changing the oil, the swaw bar endlinks look good and tight, I'm not really sure what your talking about w/ the brakes.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bucking steering wheel at full turn in a parking lot is most likely your front tires rubbing on your swaybar most of our cars do this even with the factory tire size.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The outer brake pads have tabs on them that should be bend down to grip the caliper. Other wise they will rattle. Also GM makes a steering stop plate that limits the turning radius a little. Helps with the tires rubbing the sway bar. I put them on mine. I don't know the part number. If the shims are loose they should have fallen out by now. If loose, just tighten the nuts back up. Need to check the nuts for prooper torque anyway.
357 Bob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts