Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, with the mods listed below should I go with a Yank SS Super Street 3200 or Super Yank SS 3500 ? :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey Chuck! How you been? I don't remember if you ever got your car on a dyno or not, but my guess is your starting to make good power at about 3000rpm, so either one should work. If your torque numbers are real good, the Super Yank has a 1.6 torque ratio that will let you keep multiplying the power all the way down the 1360!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ReeseSS:
.....all the way down the 1360!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Mike, No wonder your mph is so good compared to your ET! Our strips up this way are only 1320 :D :D :D

Pat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike,
I have been OK. Looking for work right now. I guess you have been working a lot cause have not seen you at any car events since last Nov. I have been racing 3 times since I saw you last. No improvements but real steady.
I have talked with the Mike at Yank and he feels that the SuperYank 3500 1.65 STR will work better with my Imapla than the Yank SS 3200 2.1 STR and be verey streetable.
Hey, I should drive your car cause I believe you have the 3500. If I buy this week (before the 14th they are giving a 10% disc. and free shipping. Lemme know if I could mewet up with you sometime this weekend. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chuck,
I'm not real qualified to answer this one; no experience, only theory, but my thoughts are:
The 3200 would be better for part throttle driveability not just because of the lower stall speed, but because the higher STR would make it feel even tighter than a typical 3200. With slicks, it might even give you better 60's at the track; it may put too much of a shock to the tires for drag radials to get a perfect bite. It would probably lose out to the SY3500 on ET and mph though.
If overall 1/4 mile performance is more important than street manners, go with the SY3500. I just expect it will feel sluggish at low throttle openings with that low STR. Quite a few stroker guys run it, but they usually have low end torque in abundance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Chuck! Unfortunatly I am working Saturday and Sunday, but going to Captiva Island with the family for three days for a much needed mini vacation! I went to the 26th annual Festival of wheels car show at Lakes Park on May 11th. Even picked up a Trophy! Got to be a first for Impalas around here if you know what I mean!
Did you hook up with Mike Lukens group last Saturday at Immokolee Drag strip? I was replacing a broken cylinder head bolt of all things. Don't know how that happened but was a lot of fun trying to get to and drill/easy out it out of there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.