Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
definately sway bars. coil upgrade will be able to control the zone of vertical travel on each corner, but a sway bar is the link between the two. That said, you do want some body roll. If you go will bars that are too stiff, your performance will suffer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depends on what you plan to do with the car. Suspension should be looked at as a whole system.
Even changing the limited slip can effect the attitude of the car in hard cornering. On an otherwise stock suspension you can use bigger sway bars than if you are going to stiffer springs,shocks. Hotchkis offers a set of springs and matching sway bars. HO/HA set up is good with stock springs. But you can get it too stiff and then the insides of your tires will not grip and you will kill the outside edges. A search on sway bars will turn up lots of information but I would note that we have more drag racers than autocrossers on the forum so check the source when reading. The best set up for drag racing is not the best for cornering.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i heard that if you go too big you get real light in the ass when cornering hard and will make it worse this is why i started the post. So im going to start my full research on sway bar links. Thanks guys now i have an idea of what to look for. Another thing can i use a different size in the front and a smaller size in the rear(just a thought, dont bite my head off).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.