Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that Innovative wiring offers 2 different relay harnesses one has 2 relays and the other 4. I know the 2 relay will make the headlights brighter. What if any differance would one see in light output between 2 and 4 relays?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
From another thread:
As was mentioned earlier, the 4-Relay Harness affords you the protection that if you get a short in one of the lights, no other light is affected. That was the original reason I designed the Whisperjet Harness. Once Gary started building his 2-Relay Harness, I told him I would retire and refer all inquiries to him if he would build a 4-Relay version along with his original 2-Relay version. With 9004 bulbs you do not HAVE to have the 4-Relay version except for the fact that it is safer. With H4 100/130 watt 'Scorcher' bulbs, don't even think about trying them with a 2-Relay Harness as the current drain is too much when doubled up for the size of the wire used. Too bad that the original comparison pages are not available anymore (lost in the Great Forum Crash) as that thread explained everything! ! !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts