Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a new sensor on the way but the wire for the actual connector that connects to the sensor got burned so I want to order a new one. Anyone have the part number?

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's either:

ACDelco Pigtail (with leads) PT169
2-way female
GM 12101899
Parts Group listing for chassis electrical (2.383)

or

ACDelco Pigtail (with leads) PT374
2-way female
GM 12102747
Parts Group listing for fuel system & engine controls (3.670)
Thanks Bill but I looked up both of these parts and neither looks like it's the right connector. The prongs on the sensor come to a "T", meaning one prong is perpendicular to the other one.

· Administrator
3,343 Posts
This is the sensor that drives the dash gauge, correct? My gauge stopped working ages ago. It was always reading really low when I had the stock cluster, and then it quit working completely shortly after putting the Z cluster in.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good source for pigtail connectors for our motors

It is AC DELCO PT 728
GM - 12126458

Fits the standard in the head ECT sensor AC DELCO 213-77 but almost no one carries it. The Factory parts manual lists the wrong part.. No wonder people have problems with it.
I think that's the right P/N. Looks like the middle connector on the second row is the right one... Am I correct?

This is the sensor that drives the dash gauge, correct? My gauge stopped working ages ago. It was always reading really low when I had the stock cluster, and then it quit working completely shortly after putting the Z cluster in.
Yup it's the one for the gauge. My connector has been faulty for ages too.. The sensor that screws into the head was cracked at the connection so I super glued the connector to it. The wire had been cut so I had a connector stuffed right into the sensor that would connect most of the time, but not all of the time. I really don't like seeing needles not working or seeing lights on the gauges. Last thing to take care of is the stupid washer fluid light that stays on even thought he washer tank is full.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.