Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
St. Louis, 2007.

I'm sure the information is here, but I'm not finding it easily enough to suit myself. What is the schedule of events for this thing? It might be about time to make this front and center on the ISSCA home page??

At any rate, I'm likely going to try and do the car show, so what day/times do I need to be there to participate in just that?

Thanks.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here you go!

The 5th Annual ISSCA Nationals
Shedule of Events

Friday

Registration from noon to 10 pm

Saturday

Car Show, Sound Off & Road Course
Gates open at 7am track is hot at 8:30.

Trophy presentation for the day's events at the host hotel by 8pm

Sunday

Auto Cross & Drag Race
Gates open at 7am track is hot at 9am.

Trophy presentation for day's events at the track by 4pm.

Trophy presentation times subject to change.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

I don't want to take off Friday just to register, and I don't see myself getting all the way to St. Louis by 7:00 a.m on Saturday, so if I showed up at 10:00 or whatever, would I still be able to register and do the car show?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Revoh : go Friday. One of those things that may not be so apparent if you haven't been to the nationals before, but you'll be kicking yourself in the aSS if you miss the Fri night stuff ;)

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by AutocroSSer:
Revoh : go Friday. One of those things that may not be so apparent if you haven't been to the nationals before, but you'll be kicking yourself in the aSS if you miss the Fri night stuff ;)
X 10000000000000000000000!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Revoh : go Friday. One of those things that may not be so apparent if you haven't been to the nationals before, but you'll be kicking yourself in the aSS if you miss the Fri night stuff "

Oh HELL yes!

Definitely worth taking the day or DAYS off for. :D

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know, I know. I'm not much of a party animal, though. And more importantly, I'm bringing my dad, and he's more of a square these days than I am. Plus, I'm Senior El Cheapo, and I don't want to pay for another night at a motel.

I am planning to make it--doesn't that count for something?

Saturday is the day I'm likely going to show up, so I just need to know if I can still enter later in the morning.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Revoh:
I know, I know. I'm not much of a party animal, though. And more importantly, I'm bringing my dad, and he's more of a square these days than I am. Plus, I'm Senior El Cheapo, and I don't want to pay for another night at a motel.

I am planning to make it--doesn't that count for something?

Saturday is the day I'm likely going to show up, so I just need to know if I can still enter later in the morning.

Ditch pops and show up Friday. It don't mean sh!t unless you party till you puke!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Saturday is the day I'm likely going to show up, so I just need to know if I can still enter later in the morning."

Well, I'm not sure you'd even need a hotel room on Friday, as you probably wouldn't set foot in it. At any rate, we'll be glad to see you whenever you arrive.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Car Showers...
IF you want to enter the Car Show and you are Not Pre-Registered, then you MUST Register b4 Registration CLOSES FRIDAY NIGHT !! When you check-in Friday, this is when YOU will request YOUR JUDGING TIME !! Remember this is Drive Thru Judging, Not Stationary, and the Car Show Judging will Start Promply at 0800 Saturday Morning in the NASCAR Garages at Gateway Raceway. You need to have Your Vehicle in your Staging Lane at least 15 mins. b4 Your Scheduled Judging Time. IF You Miss Your Judging Time, You Are Subject To Be Disqualified.
There will also be a Judges Meeting Friday Evening around 8PM, not sure which room yet !?!?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by IHALLA:
Hey Car Showers...
IF you want to enter the Car Show and you are Not Pre-Registered, then you MUST Register b4 Registration CLOSES FRIDAY NIGHT !! When you check-in Friday, this is when YOU will request YOUR JUDGING TIME !! Remember this is Drive Thru Judging, Not Stationary, and the Car Show Judging will Start Promply at 0800 Saturday Morning in the NASCAR Garages at Gateway Raceway. You need to have Your Vehicle in your Staging Lane at least 15 mins. b4 Your Scheduled Judging Time. IF You Miss Your Judging Time, You Are Subject To Be Disqualified.
There will also be a Judges Meeting Friday Evening around 8PM, not sure which room yet !?!?
Well, then I guess I just saved myself $70 or whatever the registration fee is. I'm not usually too negative, but that's a stupid rule. Too bad for me, too bad for you.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Revoh : the reason for that is that Larry needs to be able to allocate judges for the car show classes. To keep things fair, ISSCA does judging such that EVERY car in a class is judged by the SAME pair of judges (note that a pair of judges may, and often are, judging more than one class).

This is to eliminate unfairness from having Car A in a class judged by a judge who is stingy on points, while Car B in the same class getting judged by a judge who freely gives out points. In that situation, you could easily end up with Car B winning the class despite it being where BOTH judges in there would agree that Car A is more deserving.

Downside to this : it does require some pre-planning to fairly allocate the judging load for the volunteer judges. Larry is nice enough to wait until close of registration Fri night as the last deadline for this (aka : he's doing the final allocation sometime early Sat morning) instead of an earlier deadline.

Like I said above, show up Friday. You'll kick yourself in the aSS if you don't, even if you are not a "party person".

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Revoh:
Well, then I guess I just saved myself $70 or whatever the registration fee is. I'm not usually too negative, but that's a stupid rule. Too bad for me, too bad for you.
It's not a stupid rule. It's take quite a bit to organize everything and trying to organize any event at the last minute is a disaster waiting to happen. Directors/Stewards work into the night preparing for the following days activities. So there has to be a cutoff somewhere and it's the night before the event.

Car show ALWAYS goes first because most people want to race their car too but they wont race or do the car show if that means they have to clean it AGAIN after racing.

Revoh, come down anyways. It's just one more night at the hotel and you will be glad you made the event. It's only once a year and an extra night isn't going to kill ya.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I understand your frustration, but that's not a stupid rule. It takes a TRUCKLOAD of planning to get everything coordinated, to include which groups of volunteer judges will do which groups of cars, etc. not to mention conducting the show in a logical order that will allow participants to break away for participation in other events. Remember, we've go t a lot going on in 48 hours. The show portion of the event will begin to form at 7 am on Saturday. There's really no time for 11 hour entrants, getting them in place, and keeping the show in order.

Anyone who was in Tulsa '03 show (showing, OR judging) can tell you how much work it is to get everything layed out just right, when everything isn't in stone the night before.

I hope you'll come by anyway. Remember, spectating is free, and you can still get in on the other events if you'd like. This is a great venue to try out autocrossing, the road course, or drag racing.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah Revoh, I'm not a partier either, but I was out in the parking lot last year til 2 or 3 every night in Indy last year!!!!
Even if you're not drinking, you can still watch everyone else trying their best to get kicked out of the hotel.

And as far as the pre-register stuff. What a bunch of Bullsh!t!!!! For a club that's crying poor and on the verge of packing it in, you're willing to turn someone away because they can't get there in time (Friday) and you closed pre-reg 2 weeks before the show? Yeah. That makes sense. :rolleyes:

What if I picked a 11am judging time and just gave up my spot for him in the show? Would you let him in then?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry. I don't mean to be mad, I'm just disappointed how inflexible that rule is considering how much ISSCA membership and the event cost.

One of the WASSO guys said he'd register me on Friday, since I'm not going to be there for that. Would that be OK?

I don't want to go to the after hours thing. For personal reasons that I don't want to get into, I'm not a drinker, and I'm really a wet blanket at stuff like that. Seriously, no one would be better off if I was around for that.

So if someone else pays my dues Friday, would that be alright?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You could probably simply have someone register FOR you, just have him pick a time you KNOW you'll be there. He'll need ALL of you & your car's information(and $), as you would registering yourself.

"And as far as the pre-register stuff. What a bunch of Bullsh!t!!!! For a club that's crying poor and on the verge of packing it in, you're willing to turn someone away because they can't get there in time (Friday) and you closed pre-reg 2 weeks before the show? Yeah. That makes sense. "

Registration has been opened for MONTHS, and you're bitching because ISSCA has to take a couple of weeks, and circle the wagons? Come on! Yeah, let's keep registration opened until the last-possible minute, so later the people who registered early can bitch about how unorganized and miserable nationals was. Yeah. That makes sense. :rolleyes:

It's funny how people are always so anxious to point fingers at the club, and say how it is slighting/excluding them. When you're there enjoying yourself in St. Louis, just look around and note at all of the little things that had to be set up to make it happen. There is a lot of choreography that takes place to keep everything to where as many members as possible, can partake in as many events as possible.

[ 06-04-2007, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: HuSSker ]

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Revoh...
Yes, PRE-REGISTRATION Was cut off 2 weeks ago, but you can still register for the Car Show up until the Close of Registration Friday Night. Like it was explained, I need to know "How Many" vehicles I have, What Classes they are in, How Many Judges I need and What Classes "Said" Judges can Judge !! Most of the Judges are also Car Showers and the Rule Is...You Can't Judge Your own Class !! SSooo, I have to figure out Which Judge(s) can Judge Which Class(es) !! Think this is easy, throw in "NEW Judges" too and try to figure out Which Expierenced Judge and Class they will fit in with. The easy part is having Judges that aren't showing their vehicle(s).
I know Pre-registreing isn't always posible, This is Why the Car Show Registration is cut off at the Close of Registration Friday Night, to give the "Fence Riders" every last chance to Register !!

AND YES...You can have someone Register Your Vehicle for You on Friday !! Just make sure they have all your correct vehicle info...Year, Model, Mods & Mileage and pay your "Fee(s)" and pick up your "Goodie Bag/Packet" Friday Night b4 Registration Closes.

IF you still think this is BS & Un-Fair, I'm SSorry you feel this way, but As Also was stated, You've had MONTHS to "Get-Er-Done !!"
In Tulsa, I had to Deny one of my own Club Members entrance into the Car Show because he didn't make it into the Judging Area b4 the Gate Closed at 0801 !! Talk about PiSSed, He Was, BUT...as He admitted later, He was the one Late and it wasn't anyones fault but his own !!
Hope this Helps and Hope to SS-ya in STL.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by IHALLA:

In Tulsa, I had to Deny one of my own Club Members entrance into the Car Show because he didn't make it into the Judging Area b4 the Gate Closed at 0801 !! Talk about PiSSed, He Was,
So what are you saying here? If I had someone else register me on Friday and I scheduled a noon judging time, for example, would I be SOL if I showed up at 11:00 because the gates close at 8:00, or do I just need to be there before my specific judging time?

And I'm not saying it's BS or unfair or anything, although Toys has a point. I know it takes a lot of preparation and work and everything to do a deal like this. I've worked on things that are every bit as big, and it isn't easy. I just think no one wins when you would actually deny someone to come pay you money to participate. There are a lot of details, of course, but trying to accomodate people on a case-by-case basis is as important of a detail as you can attend to.

I'm not going to hound you about it, though. I know you're busy right now, and I don't want to complicate things anymore. Just let me know if it's OK if I get there closer to my judging time so I know whether or not I should pay to be at the car show, or just come for free.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does anyone know at this time if there is going to be a 200,000 mile + class for the car show? I know it said on the ISSCA web site that if they had enough cars for the class there would be one. Just wondering if there was enough entered.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts