Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 Caprice 9c1.

I see there are two offered from Rock Auto and wanted to be sure I'm getting the correct bearings :)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
1996 Caprice 9c1.

I see there are two offered from Rock Auto and wanted to be sure I'm getting the correct bearings :)
Set 6 is the inner bearing & set 3 the outer bearing numbers. You'll need 1 of each per side and it wouldn't huet to replace the oil seals at this time.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Set 6 is the inner bearing & set 3 the outer bearing numbers. You'll need 1 of each per side and it wouldn't huet to replace the oil seals at this time.
I seen your thread about brakes, but do you happen to have part numbers? or does it go by set #?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see they offer SKF Part # BR6 and BR3.

However, I dont know too much about quality of ?SKF?

I also dont have to order from RA if better known prices are out there.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Skf Ftw!!!

I work for SKF USA (it is a Swedish company) and can say that you might find these bearings cheaper, but quality is something you don't want to skimp on when your life is riding on these parts.

Our plant here in GA supplys GM, Catapillar, Eaton, Dana and other AMERICAN companies! But we don't make the roller bearings you need here. SKF has plants all over the world and quality is closely monitored.

Definitely buy quality parts. SKF, Timken, NSK, Federal Mogul, TRW, MRC....

But NO Chinese, Yugoslav, or any 3rd world mfg company!!!

Iggy

(American Mfg. and proud to be here)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I see they offer SKF Part # BR6 and BR3.

However, I dont know too much about quality of ?SKF?

I also dont have to order from RA if better known prices are out there.
Yes, the 6 & 3 correspond to what you want. Different manufacturers use different prefixes, so it can be confusing. I used Timken because, as stated by Iggy, I wanted a solid component on a critical application. If SKF supplies quality products, then by all means...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts