Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you put stock chevy impala wheels directly on ur fleetwood or do you need spacer or adapters
also if you can whats good tire size with the 17in chevy impala wheels. Now if I go wit 20s do i have to do any mods so they wont rub

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes, theyll fit.

255/50/17 is stock size.

20's can definatly fit without rubbing.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats a good tire size for 20s
I was think 255/35 20

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by bigjohn6886:
whats a good tire size for 20s
I was think 255/35 20
For a 20x8.5 yes for a 20x8 go to a 245 (some might even say smaller). More than likely you will need to modify your rear skirts for any wheel that's not stock. Make sure you have the correct BS before you order wheels. ;)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If yo urun Impala wheels You will need to massage the the handles on the skirts a bit so the don't rub. I think 255/35 looks the best but being a heavier car you might wanna look into a 40 series tire. More tire between the pavement and your rim...

[ 03-10-2007, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: FASSTWOOD ]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fasstwood im doing some research on 245/40 20 & 275/35/ any help :confused:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have 245/35/20's on my 8.5 wide rims.. not sure what offset. i think its zero or standard. but i'm not 100%.

i ruined one of my front tires due to a pothole so not i'm buying 2 255/35/20's to throw on the back.

the 245's fit no problem with no fender modifications.. there is also room to spare so i'm not anticipating any problems with the 255's.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that made a bit of sense..

i'm buying 2, 255/35/20's for the rear now is what i meant to say.

the 245's didn't look wide enough. i wouldn't go with them again if i could.. not that the 255's are much wider or taller, just hopefully that little bit more i wanted. i'm going with nexxan n3000. they are very very cheap.

i'm putting them on tomorrow so i will upload pics.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would like to respectfully submit that 20" wheels are a bad idea, if you really want to drive the car at all hard on the street in the real world. Use the Imapal SS wheels - cheap, attractive, readily available, and they work.

On the other hand, if you just want to go stylin', then put on the 20's, turn your hat around backwards and go for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts