Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was just wanting to know if it is hard to keep wheels with a big chrome lip clean and does anyone have problems with rocks scratching up the chrome lip... Because i dont know if i want a rim with a lip or not...

[ 08-15-2006, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: Bagged96SS ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Unless you plan on rock climbing with em LOL I wouldnt worry about rocks scratchin up the chrome. Lip on them would get about as dirty as any other chrome rim. Really all depends on what brake pads you have if you will get alot of brake dust etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the wheels im thinking of getting since no one else ive seen has them... And i want to get them in some 22's

[/IMG]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
go for it, just go to wal mart and get that soft baby cloth to clean em... just keep it in the trunk... hit em up eryday

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having a rim with a lip is a must on a big RWD car. Leave the flat wheels for the FWD's. The lip isn't the issue when cleaning the wheels. It's having a wheel with a bunch of spokes (not wires). They're a lot more time consuming.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just make sure when you clean them you get every spot cause if you continue to miss areas eventually it will build up and make the rims look trashy and it will be hard to get those spots off, mainly old brake dust

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well both pairs of rims i want for my ride are $2,600 with 255/30/22 Hankook Tires.... So now just to wonder which ones i want...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I've had some problems with rocks and big lipped wheels. I noticed small nicks and dents around the inside of the lip which I could only explain by small rocks getting in there and bouncing around a few times. Nothing harsh enough to chip the chrome, but noticeable from a couple feet away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.