Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea when the next issue might be available?

How many issues are scheduled for this year?

Inquiring minds and all.

It is almost May.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
John;

New issue was actually completed last week, but I am not sure of the mailing date yet. Will let everyone know shortly.

Remember, keep those articles, pics, and ideas coming, we can only write so many stealth bolt brake mod articles. :D

Will also let you know if there is a set schedule for the SScene to be published this year, but I do know there will be a MINIMUM of 4 issues published.

Regards,
Bill
Your Friendly Neighborhood ISSCA Public Relations Officer
[email protected]

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by BIG KAHUNA ****e:
there will be a MINIMUM of 4 issues published.
10 bucks an issue is reasonable. Less than $10 (for more than four issues) is more than reasonable.

Keep up the great work!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will check with publisher and editor today, Thumper!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have yet to recieve my first issue this year and I see the second is due to get shipped. I haven't changed my address either.

Can I get an update as to where my copy is?
Thanks!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would loved to have gotten one myself. thanks for looking into this Bill .

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by MadMav:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by uwsacf:
Any word?
Guess not.

Mav
</font>[/QUOTE]Mav;
WTF?

John;
I will get an update shortly. I know the completed magazine was delivered to the publisher so I will see what the status was. I believe we were waiting for some advertising updates (in other words, one of our advertisers had a new ad to replace the old ad and we were waiting to get the new artwork/copy).

Everyone please remember, this magazine is COMPLETELY volunteer driven and there is zero pay for the editor. If he gets busy the magazine waits. If he's sick the magazine waits. If he's out of town on business the magazine waits.

I have no issue with people asking "where's the magazine?" It means you are excited and you need an Impala fix. That's cool with me, it means John has the fire and he wants MORE MORE MORE Impala in his life!

But again, please feel free to submit any and all pics/articles/news items etc to ISSCA for publishing. We can only write so many stealth brake bolt articles.

Did everyone see Terry's cool article about his MM experience last issue? Hell, any ONE of us can do that. Send in some of your stories with pics. It can be a good story, it can be a bad story, but let's hear your stories about your Imps!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by BIG KAHUNA ****e:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MadMav:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by uwsacf:
Any word?
Guess not.

Mav
</font>[/QUOTE]Mav;
WTF?
</font>[/QUOTE]WTF to your WTF?

Mav

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RE: ImpalaSScene
I have not renewed my ISSCA membership yet. BUT I was a member last year. I know the mag is all-volunteer, but receiving only two issues in 2005 for the $40 bucks is not very good, especially since it's supposed to be a quarterly (?) mag. Why would I even consider renewing my membership?
:confused:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As both the first editor and the current editor of the Impala SScene, I'm glad that you guys think so much of the magazine. But... the $40 membership isn't a magazine subscription, it funds the ONLY national, non-profit, organization that has supported you as owner/enthusiasts of these cars.

The magazine should be something that helps communicate ISSCA information to the members, maybe educate them a bit about their cars, and hopefully offer some eye candy and entertainment. But when I stop editing it, even if no one else comes along to produce another Impala SScene, I'll still keep my ISSCA membership active.

Don't let the magazine (or delay of a magazine, or even lack of a magazine) keep you from supporting the ISSCA. I said it five years ago and it is even more true today, "What's forty bucks in the long run? That's less than a tank of gas for this big car."

And thanks again for liking these magazines enough to ask for more!

Regards,
Dan Johnsen

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good point Dan - agree..

Now where's the mag?

No offense, but the original question is

what kind of timeframe are we in?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts