Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I hope you get your answer.I requested the judging sheet about 10 days ago for my car.Still no response.Everyone I talked to was blaming the other one and passing the buck.I know this is all volunteer,and we are certainly getting what we pay for.
You would think someone would be embarassed....You can`t even shame them.
I wouls like to know the dates too,to start planning.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plan is for 23-25 June 2004. This was heavily deliberated, and while no date is "perfect", it is now the target.

Roktman, you should volunteer, too...everyone is welcome, and you might get MORE than what you pay for! :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bill ,I will volunteer on the planning and execution of any and all events that need help. Let`s see....The car show debacle ,the award show marathon,the registration clusterfoxtrot.....I do promise to lead from the front ,lead by example and I WILL NOT FAIL!Just get me a SITREP and I`m good to go.In 2005 INDIPALA would be most honored to host the ISSCA Nationals.We have the facilities and have already discussed it as a club.This way if you have it where a chartered club is,the planning ,execution and volunteer base is already there.Contact Dave Bass if this is feasable.ThankSS,

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave,

The idea of having a future ISSCA National in Indy is a good one and should be pursued. I was just there--for the Brickyard 400--and on the way in from the west we stopped by to check out Putnam Park--an awesome place to hold the road racing competition! There's IRP, too, for drags, and even though there is a "road course" there, Putnam is WAY better. Where is autocross held in Indy, by the way? I'll assume there are some good places to have a nice car show, too.

The one thing we'll have to work around now in Indy will be the shift to June for the Grand Prix race and fitting "our" event somewhere in between all of the other things happening from May to August--maybe we do it in early August, right after the Brickyard 400. There are at least a few of us who would stick around for the ISSCA National that week. For the drag racers, I realize you'd rather be in Indy for Labor Day weekend, but that's probably too late in the summer for the National.

There are lots of options, whenever it happens!

By the way, judging sheets should be in the mail.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea Bill,There are a lot of options for a Nationals in Indy.I was @ IRP for the Super Chevy in July ,actually the week before Tulsa.Being in Cincinnati and travelling to Indy for INDIPALA meetings,I don`t know first hand about all the facilities available.At a show last weekend some INDIPALA members (D. Bass,C. Baretto,Phillip &Dodie Sheffield,myself and others) talked about such an undertaking.The big thing ,as you mentioned is venue for the drags/car show.IRP has just one (1)or two(2)open dates for 2004.They have some good open lots adjacent to the drag race area.There are many fine hotels that could host our event.I don`t know what the protocol is for an exploratory committee to study this or what.I do know the aforementioned officers of INDIPALA could offer more specifics on the different venues.I would of course be able to assist in whatever capacity this search may involve.Please let me know if /when we may be able to investigate this further.ThankSS for the consideration on the score sheets.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey now! Wait a darn minute. I got my "free" hotel anouncment from the sponser hotel for next years show. (Won the raffle for it) And they say the dates are for 7-11 June only(something like that). What gives Bill?

Mav

*******Update, Bill took care of me. I just haven't recieved the new anouncment from the hotel yet.*****

Now on to bigger and better ISSCA stuff.

Mav

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please let it be after the 20th!! I will be 21 by then. Whoo hoo!!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mav,That`s why yours is free the 7-11.We will be way too busy and man ,the hotel will be booked for the convention later in the month.Maybe you could hang around for us to show later in the month?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
any chance that we can have the show the same time as SEMA ? I'm coming no mater when it is but, it would be cool to go to the SEMA Show ..

Kenny

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by XXL-VETE:
any chance that we can have the show the same time as SEMA ? I'm coming no mater when it is but, it would be cool to go to the SEMA Show ..

Kenny
Kenny.... you're opening a BIG can of worms with that statement. SEMA show is Nov 4 - 7. While the weather will be IDEAL in Vegas, hotel availability will NOT!!! Not to mention another round bitching ISSCA directors will receive.

FYI, whenever there's a major convention in Vegas (almost seems like every weekend now), hotel prices shoot through the roof. The normal $60-100 weekday prices shoot up to $200-400 a night at any of the major hotels on the strip. Off the strip, its only marginally cheaper...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I guess Tulsa was not HOT enough? We are now having the next one in las vegas in JUNE!!!
Who's idea was that? :eek:

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Robss96dcm:
So I guess Tulsa was not HOT enough? We are now having the next one in las vegas in JUNE!!!
Who's idea was that? :eek:
Rob,
I was in Vegas the weekend before Tulsa. It was record heat that week... at 120* during the day. I will take Vegas (120*) heat ANY DAY over that crap in Tulsa. Heat and humidity don't mix. The GREAT thing about a dry heat, you stand in the shade and its 20* cooler. There's no sweating like pigs either. While it will be very warm, it will be very bearable. You can't compare the 2. If you never been in the desert heat, you will not understand until you feel it. Trust me, it's not as bad as you think.

Quit yer whining and make your reseravations!!!! :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What he said. There's no comparison. Just be sure to bring sunscreen.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would go to Indy in 2005. Not quite BIR in MN, but still doable.

One suggestion though. Do a Fri-Sun deal. None of this Thurs-Sat stuff.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mike : there's a very good reason that we put the event in the middle of the week. It's one of those things that you don't think about until...well....you're forced to think about it (or experience it).

Namely, putting the event mid-week lets folks use LESS vacation time to attend the event.

With Vegas in mid-week, you take ONE week off (or, at worst, 1 week and the Monday after) to attend. This assumes that you need 3 travel days in each direction (which, we figure, will be about "worst case" for anyone who drives).

If you use 2 travel days in each direction, it drops to 1 week even.

Contrast that to a Thurs-Sun event. In that case, the folks who need 3 days each way will take 8 days of vacation to attend. Those that need 2 days each way will STILL take 6 days of vacation to attend. Note this is MORE than they'll need for a mid-week event!

And this doesn't even touch on issues like venues and hotels being a lot easier to get mid-week.

As for the date : I'm not EVEN gonna comment (those on the ROD list are chuckling about now....)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by AutocroSSer:
As for the date : I'm not EVEN gonna comment (those on the ROD list are chuckling about now....)
Uhhh, YEAH!! I've been chuckling ever since Tirpitz asked the question. Just sitting back and watching the thread unfold like I knew it would.

I thought about posting a few comments and such, but decided I'm just gonna hold off and bite my tongue, SEVERELY, on this one!!! :mad:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Navy Lifer:
Plan is for 23-25 June 2004.
Hey!!! Perfect for ME :D :D !!!

And I don't mind the heat
either!

I'll be makin' my reservations for sure...maybe bring the whole family :cool: !

KW

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by B.I.G. BruiSSer:
Uhhh, YEAH!! I've been chuckling ever since Tirpitz asked the question. Just sitting back and watching the thread unfold like I knew it would.

I thought about posting a few comments and such, but decided I'm just gonna hold off and bite my tongue, SEVERELY, on this one!!! :mad:
[/qb]
You bite your tongue? Say it's now so, you are always the quiet one.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts