Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been scratching my head trying to find a place to mount this 6al box. I usually mount it under the dash but that is out of the question on this car. I can't find any room under the hood.
I'd like to see where you guys are putting yours.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I unmounted the cruise control servo box from the top of the driver's side wheel well, flipped the box around and mounted it down between the wheel well and the firewall, where it still works OK (plus I never use it). The linkage cable to the throttle body drapes up and over the master cylinder. Then I had that nice big area where the cruise control box formerly sat to mount my MSD box. Looks good, works fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i mounted mine on top of the PCM cover.. FIRST I bought some spacers so its not RIGHT on top of it.. I put the 1/4 in spacers between the MSD and the cover. then just bolted it down. IT seems to fit there. On my first page on my cardomain site there is a photo of my intake and MSD.. take a look.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got mine mounted on top of the PCM; but then I have a Suncoast hood, so the filters not in the way.
If you have a RAISS intake you could mount it there also. SSmokeybear has his mounted behind the grille on the driver's side; right behind the bumper.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Spartus:
so that's where you put yours. If I ever get around to fabbing up a washer resevior to hide inside the bumper underneath the driver's headlight, there will be a nice space for an ign box there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
drivers fender well, below winshield tank. fits perfect but mine is the 6A. The PCM has the "L" limiter. Not sure if the 6AL is larger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

the red box next to the intake by the shiny stuff.... it fits like a sloppy rear into hot pants.

ditch teh windshield juice and install a blower.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One of the neatest installs that I have seen was someone mounting the box into the lower half of his old airbox. This method, of course, requires a RAISS or similiar intake leaving the space over the PCM open.

Jonathan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.