Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
that looks like and easy fab. why not make it yourself ,and probly for far less than they were selling them for.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
go buy a new air dam, clean it with alcohol and apply the sticker, then clean again and spray many many coats of clear coat over the top...let dry, bolt up and enjoy!

thats the way i do mine and they last atleast 1.5 years while still looking good

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
just watch out for the parking bumpers, you drag the air dam over that a few times and it wont look so nice anymore

·
Registered
285 Posts
you dont really have to use clear coat though.. the clear coat will show rock ships the vinyl sticker will not.. mines been on way longer then 1.5 years.. no clear and still looks great.. plus if you use clear over it make sure you use sumthin like bulldog or some kind of other adhesion promoter and you could run the chance of it flaking or peeling off if you get a rock chip.. then if that happens and you go to the car wash.. the pressure of the water is gona blow all of it off the plastic..

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
so no clear coat??????

ehh to each his own, i used it on mine and ive done 4-5 for my two imps and other friends and they loved them....so use your judgement if u like

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
ohh quick thing, get wax and grease remover as the plastic has a mold release agent that paint and stickers dont like to stick to. Then hit it with the duplicolor adhesion promoter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.