Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Fuel pump is weak .. I figured after 25 years the corrugated fuel pump connection hose could use replacement. Where do you get these things and how long do you think it is? Sure I will figure it out when the tank is out but knowing the size in advanced would be a big help. I think its 5/16 ID?

What i am talking about is this hose thing below. The OEM one is longer and more looped if that even matters.

Sure I could use submersible rubber hose

http://www.racetronix.com/product/RX-BLT1-FPKG/RX-BLT1-FSU.jpg

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
I know Racetronix sells them in different length's or they did. You could also try and check with NAPA as they may have/get them too.

EDIT - Also, just Google "in tank fuel pump corrugated tube" and you'll find other companies/links. I know some kits I've seen just use Fuel rated rubber hose but prefer the Teflon Corrugated tube myself.

Edit2 - this looks like a good site....

https://www.highflowfuel.com/c-1208322-fuel-hose-clamps-corrugated-flex-hose-by-dimension.html

....as there are others and even Ebay and Amazon.

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea i have seen a few online for around 10 bucks the issue is how long is this thing? I see a 5/16 diameter 5.5 inches and over 9 inches as options. Which one will do the trick? Anyone a hoarder and have a old Fuel sender around? I only have a TBI era one around that just had a short rubber hose between the pump and the sender.

I live in a Fd up place its like a game of how fast can I do something before I get reported. Every job has to be completed same day or im SOL. Maybe ill have room to leave the gas tank out for a day and source the proper length hose. dunno. I dont want to use a submersible rubber hose.

ooo Thanks for the link Nice site they have more selection, More lengths!

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Yea i have seen a few online for around 10 bucks the issue is how long is this thing? I see a 5/16 diameter 5.5 inches and over 9 inches as options. Which one will do the trick? Anyone a hoarder and have a old Fuel sender around? I only have a TBI era one around that just had a short rubber hose between the pump and the sender.

I live in a Fd up place its like a game of how fast can I do something before I get reported. Every job has to be completed same day or im SOL. Maybe ill have room to leave the gas tank out for a day and source the proper length hose. dunno. I dont want to use a submersible rubber hose.

ooo Thanks for the link Nice site they have more selection, More lengths!

I have a Stock Sending Unit from a Sedan all taken apart and just measured the Hose. It was just under 7" long or approx. 6 7/8" so you should be good with a 7"er

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. I bought a 9 incher. doing guess work. It should work. :) Before I asaw your message I just deceided to bend up a ruler on the old TBI Ghetto Wagon Fuel sender and make it into a loop. I guess my loop will be a little longer on the side bit it should not be a problem.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Nice. I bought a 9 incher. doing guess work. It should work. :) Before I asaw your message I just deceided to bend up a ruler on the old TBI Ghetto Wagon Fuel sender and make it into a loop. I guess my loop will be a little longer on the side bit it should not be a problem.
Hopefully that will work for you. Keep in mind that I was basing all of this on a Sedan and not sure about Wagon as I know the SU is different on those compared to the Sedan version. However, that difference may just be on the "outside of the tank" side of things where the SU is different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts