Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edited with new info.....

I am finally finishing up a 2 year disassembly of my 95 Roadmaster wagon. I do not remember where this brown ground wire goes. I have a ton of pics of this car, but can't seem to find it in any of the photos.

Any clues?

I was looking through some pics and it seems to have been mounted to the passenger side frame rail at the star washer end and traveled forward but the pics were taken after the other end was removed and it is just dangling. You can see in the pic that it is the brown wire in the center and attaches on top of the frame rail just backward of the idler arm area.

It doesn't appear to be in the service manual with regard to the battery wiring. I am still stumped.

Todd

Attachments

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gerry,

The wire I have in the pic above is maybe 6 gauge like a frame ground wire with the copper star terminal on the end. I also have a wire on the back of the abs motor but it is much smaller.

Todd

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking through some pics and it seems to have been mounted to the passenger side frame rail at the star washer end and traveled forward but the pics were taken after the other end was removed and it is just dangling. You can see in the pic that it is the brown wire in the center and attaches on top of the frame rail just backward of the idler arm area.

It doesn't appear to be in the service manual with regard to the battery wiring. I am still stumped.

Todd

Attachments

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought I would update this thread....

Many months ago I realized where this wire came from. I was part of the Racetronix Fuel Pump/Wiring upgrade.

No wonder I could not find it in the FSM.

Todd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts