Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Cargo area, right side, behind the panel closest to the rear door. Panel will pop right out.

Tom C.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. No wonder I couldn't find it. Previous owner decided to use that compartment for something else.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Thanks. No wonder I couldn't find it. Previous owner decided to use that compartment for something else.
that compartment and the one on the other side is also used for holding water, can be used as fish tanks. (water leaks)

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
nitrous bottles fit nicely in there

·
Super Moderator
6,000 Posts
Most wagon spares can be found located in their native habitat: the garage.

·
Registered
511 Posts
What's a spare tire? :D

·
Registered
1,461 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Maybe it's being I usually referred to it with "expletives undeleted" so I didn't recognize the term properly.

·
Registered
292 Posts
That reminds me, I should check mine for air. Slow leak.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Fix a dlat doesn't always work. The likelihood of it not working usually increases proportionally to the distance you are from help.

Don't think it would fix that...
Might need to use 2 cans for that!!

·
Registered
11,473 Posts

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Not a problem w/ these cars... but... never use fix-a-flat on new cars with tire pressure sensors in the valve stem! Unless you want to make them EXPLODE. When I worked @ a few car dealers I would see this all the time. The lazy way always costs you more $$.

·
Premium Member
5,749 Posts
Not a problem w/ these cars... but... never use fix-a-flat on new cars with tire pressure sensors in the valve stem! Unless you want to make them EXPLODE. When I worked @ a few car dealers I would see this all the time. The lazy way always costs you more $$.
Care to explain what is going to make them explode?
While there is a standing controversy about the sealer gumming up the TPM, I would love to hear your explanation of things exploding.
Funny, many manufacturers sell cars with TPMS and OE fix a flat in the trunk.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Most econo boxes come with just fix a flat these days, how cheap is that?!

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
the only issues I have with fix a flat are:
1. Its a liquid, and it's impossible to balance that tire
2. If the consumer fails to mention to the service people that a tire has fix a flat in it, it makes a freaking mess when the tire is dismounted. It's also potentially flammable. Never seen it catch fire, but the cans usually mention that it its flammible. Probably uses a propane propellant.

Other than that, it beats trying to change a tire on the side of the road.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts