Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is that chip that the police put on the car??? does every p0lice car have it??? can i put a better 1? and if i can where can i find 1

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
its the size of a frito and you can upgrade to the dorito size to make it go faster...up to 186mph

no chippin

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually the chip can be found right next to the flux output modulator.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But to find the flux output modulator, u must travel back in time and nearly destroy the fabric of space and there u shall find the chip. But I think u will be wasting ur time its only god for like 10 horses. You would be better off finding a new fllux capacotor they can be found in the caves of cavet emptor

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^that's all wrong it's: capacitor and caveat emptor

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by chevyman85:
where is that chip that the police put on the car??? does every p0lice car have it??? can i put a better 1? and if i can where can i find 1
What year car do you have? A 1993 or older Caprice has a replaceable "chip" in the ECU/PCM. A 1994 or newer has an EEPROM, meaning it's flashable to reprogram it without physically removing and replacing a chip. Either way, your best bet is to visit pcmforless.com and study.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First off no matter what anybody tells you, there are no "Cop-Chips"(If there was, they would be jelly/Eclair flavored
).

All kidding aside, VIN Guy's Alter Ego description is what most of the Joe Public have deemed "Cop-Chips", they are generally just reprogrammed E-PROM (Chips) or EE-PROM(PCM/ECU's).. What they commonly have changed on them would be the speed-limiters(& other specific mods that programmed in), which are eiter programmed out or set at a higher value..

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're all giving away the secrets of Law Enforcement!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I don't like eclairs, btw.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, guys, you are ALL wrong, a cop chip exist but its like the holy grail....its somewhere ....... probably :rolleyes:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Mr. L AKA What snow again?:
Actually, guys, you are ALL wrong, a cop chip exist but its like the holy grail....its somewhere ....... probably :rolleyes:
"I told him we already got one!"
:D

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol i had a guy tell me in front of a auto parts store he asked if i had the lt1 in my 90 caprice i said no the LO5 and he proceeded to inform m that if i change the chip ,it would be a LT1 ..lmao just from replacing the chip...lmao

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol i had a guy tell me in front of a auto parts store he asked if i had the lt1 in my 90 caprice i said no the LO5 and he proceeded to inform m that if i change the chip ,it would be a LT1 ..lmao just from replacing the chip...lmao
LMAO

1 - 16 of 16 Posts