Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a new expansion tank as I noticed a crack on the seam of mine. As long as it's out, I'd like to find a gm/Delco coolant gauge sensor. Any leads or part #'s?

Found expansion tank for $98 shipped on eBay. Gm part #12528777

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
That's how much I paid at my local Chevy dealer. Might as well try there first.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Guessing gauge doesn't work. Though broken/damaged wire is most likely the cause.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah tha gauge works properly once in awhile, but mostly stays at the halfway mark and goes up from there as the engine warms up. The wire is intact.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
11,207 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That is the part number that Hamilton Chevy sells listed to fit Impala SS and the same number I bought and installed on my Impala.
Yeah, I called them and they confirmed its the correct one but weren't sure why it said it wouldn't fit. Same price as some used ones I was finding so I ordered it.

Mine temp gauge pegs when unplugged, acts right 10% of the time, wire is intact and not frayed. Found these #'s

GM PART # 25037332

AC-Delco # 213-77

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I put the new sensor in for the temp gauge and it still reads almost to the red 90% of the time. Wire is all intact, has an insulated butt connector about 8" down the wire that's good also.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do you have a IR temp gauge to take a temp reading?

your dash gauge may be FU

Yeah, actual real world temps are right where they should be. It's just the gauge reading incorrectly. Just got a new plug for the sensor today so I'll put it on and check back.

It it's the dash gauge, I'll look for a new cluster since the volt gauge is steady pegged at 18volts too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts