Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a post where a member said they had "real" 2nd gen F-body front sway bars... is there such a thing and who sells it?

Creep

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If by "real" you mean produced by GM, you'd find those at junkyards. GM doesn't sell them anymore.

If by "real" you mean exact same specs as that bar just a different color, call national parts depot :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KnightShade... is it best to get the original restoration part or an aftermarket substitute?

Creep

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're identical parts (cept for the color). If you don't mind going through the work to clean up a bar from a junkyard, and you can tell if the bar is unbent/undamaged or not from a junkyard, I've heard them going as cheap as 20 bucks... If you just want a bar to show up at your door in brand new condition that you can just put on with no work, spend the extra 100 bucks at NPD.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the NPD bar come with mounting hardware like BMR for instances?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Knightshade,

Is there a difference in the sway bars through the years 1970 to 1981?

Creep

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Is there a difference in the sway bars through the years 1970 to 1981? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't find my F-body references.....but, I -think- you need to find a front bar off of a '77-81 WS-6 Trans Am.

Look for the 4-wheel disk brakes, snowflake wheels,(probably gone), "real" Pontiac engine,(vs Old's 400).....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts