Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Houston area. I`m just starting to want to build a caprice SS. I`ve been to a few auctions but want a good selection not just 1 or 2 choices. Can anyone steer me into the right direction....please help

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes i would also recommend Key motors, they have a great selection, and he gives some good deals. Plus he can install Z28 cluster, and many other mods, before you buy the car. I'm currently in the process of trying to buy one of his 94 wagons, he must be gone cause he hasn't emailed me back in a few days.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or just talk to vin guy that is where i got my 9c1

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daywalker:
or just talk to vin guy that is where i got my 9c1
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was the first one to respond.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked up a nice 95 9C1 from the city of Austin,TX. Found it on e-bay. Try calling the Dept. of Public Works. They had a couple more 9C1's when I was there. Good luck. The car that I bought had no problems. Some poorly fixed ant. holes. Drove extremely well. Austin, TX to Anderson,SC 15 hours 23 minutes and had a ball. Before I left Austin I changed the air filter and quicky oil change. The rest of the way all I did was put gas in it. Hope this helps.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great news guys I found a caprice. Its was an old Houston patrol car. I found it the Houston Auto Clinic. They did a tune up on it, removed taillights, headlights, the chrome molding, removed the interior, cleaned up the inside, changed the oil, had it painted(entire car, door jams, and even the entire trunk) even welded up all the hole on the roof and trunk lid. It has 105,000 miles on it. I pick it up on friday. And the part you have been waiting on the price.........4200.00 after T.T. and L .......4500.00. Pics will follow as soon as I get it home.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ROCKINREDNEK:
Great news guys I found a caprice. Its was an old Houston patrol car. I found it the Houston Auto Clinic. They did a tune up on it, removed taillights, headlights, the chrome molding, removed the interior, cleaned up the inside, changed the oil, had it painted(entire car, door jams, and even the entire trunk) even welded up all the hole on the roof and trunk lid. It has 105,000 miles on it. I pick it up on friday. And the part you have been waiting on the price.........4200.00 after T.T. and L .......4500.00. Pics will follow as soon as I get it home.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HPD did NOT have any LT1 cars, as far as I can tell. It almost surely is an L99 (4.3 V8) car. Send me the vin, and I'll tell you for sure, or look for LT1 on the SPID sheet (in the trunk) and dual exhausts. What year is the car? If it is not an LT1 (bet ya it is NOT), then it's about $1500-2000 overpriced. For that much, buy my '96 9C1 LT1, Light Driftwood Metallic with 113k miles. Has one plugged hole in the center of the trunk. Original color, never had any decals or lightbar. Almost new tires. Just needs carpet. How about it?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, it's out here in Los Angeles, but try the website Capricecars.com That guy specializes in digging out 94-96 LT1 Caprices. A little pricey, but he does the legwork for you. Check it out.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daywalker:
What you have another 9c1 Brandon, how much :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's really not for sale, but if REDNEK wanted it for $4200, it suddenly WAS for sale. I'll email you a pic, Daywalker.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the plug SSnyder.
Yes we have the cleanest & lowest mile 94-96 Caprices with LT1 motors around.We specialize in the only these cars and usually have only cars with under 100,000 miles available.Sometimes some with just a little over 100k.We can and will clone them also.Visit us today at www.CAPRICECARS.com

:eek: We will hook you up !! :eek:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man that is a nice car i would get if i had the money, i know i have one but man i like 9c1's
If i was you brandon i would keep that car and thanks for sending that pick
Just maybe i could get somebody to buy it from you

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like was posted earlier try Keymotors, they are very reasonable, check out there inventory. If you shop around you could have the car shipped to you quite cheap. For $620 i'm having a wagon shipped to me all the way in Washington state from Craig at KeyMotors which is located in NY. Just my 2 cents!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I purchased my 94 9C1 from Key Motors over a year ago. Couldn't be happier. Craig's the real deal!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The best place to buy your 9C1 is at an auction. I just came back from a auction up here near Chicago and we was able to buy two 9C1's. One was a 1995 DGGM with 56,000 miles that my friend bought for $4,300. The car looked like new and you could tell it was a detective car (no holes or lights).

The other was a 1994 Cherry 9C1 with 88,000 miles, my cousin bought this car for $2,000. They are both LT1's and look great. Don't be in such a hurry to give your money to a dealer who has attended a auction and paid $2,000 less than what you are buying it for. I only paid $1,500 for my 1996 with 109,000 miles in May.

That is my opinion and I don't mean to upset the dealers on this forum

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I too am interested in a '95 Police car. Where would auctions be on the East Coast?
Also does anybody know if any regular Caprice cars came with the Heavy Duty Frame? What would the RPO be?
thanks
Barrier new to the Forum

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Barrier:
I too am interested in a '95 Police car. Where would auctions be on the East Coast?
Also does anybody know if any regular Caprice cars came with the Heavy Duty Frame? What would the RPO be?
thanks
Barrier new to the Forum
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's a place to start:
http://www.ogs.state.ny.us/surpluspublic/auction/

EDIT: I think the heavier frame was part of the B4U package on civi Caprices, too. Not sure.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I actually have a 95 LT1 9C1...that I am thinking about selling. If the offer is right/fair. The car is VERY CLEAN, White Blue interior. I bought it a couple of years ago...it has 171,000 on it now.Shows 168,000 on replaced 2nd cluster. Power windows/locks, COLD>>COLD AC. HOT heat. Transmission and rear end runs smoothly and sounds fine. NEW Eagle RSA's, NEW front and rear brakes, NEW shocks. NEW factory water pump,NEW front main engine seal and related seals. NEW factory wire and plugs. NEW factory passenger side cooling fan. Also installed factory am/fm CD player. Rubber floor/with blue mats. The car has been simonized and waxed.
2 things need to be done...rear main seal replacement(which I have the part) and passenger side exhuast manifold has a leak.
If anyone is interested...please let me know...I put some money and effort into the car. Make a fair offer,...I just might bite. IndyCaprice

1 - 20 of 33 Posts