Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for in channel if they are available. Can't seem to find a part number specifically for wagons.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
What do you mean by "vent shades". I have not heard that term for a part on a wagon.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I don't think they make in channels for B body wagons.

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
Yes, they ARE available--in-channel design--for wagons, too.

WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Wagons (91-96)
#74159 front & rear (Buick/Chev only)

#70159 front only - all makes

#73159 rear only (rear not listed for Olds CC--is window different?)

Chev Sedans (91-96)
#72159 F & R

#70159 front only

#71159 rear only

Buick RM Sedan (91-96)
#70159 front only

No RM sedan rear window application

Not offered for Fleetwood F or R

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
My Experience

Bought a full set for my wagon.

Front ones fit fine.

Back ones don't fit - without trimming. It seems the door frame may be just a skosh smaller than a sedan? Sedan rears [visor/shade] slip right in; it was a fight on the wagon.

Without the trimming [my learning experience], the back ones end up 'bowed' when installed. I ended up cracking the right one trying to get it in.

Yanked the back ones - and may one of these days try again - with a box cutter knife on a new set of rears.

Your fit may vary. But both my rear doors produced the same 'bad/compressed' fit.

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
Bought a full set for my wagon.

Front ones fit fine.

Back ones don't fit - without trimming. It seems the door frame may be just a skosh smaller than a sedan? Sedan rears [visor/shade] slip right in; it was a fight on the wagon.

Without the trimming [my learning experience], the back ones end up 'bowed' when installed. I ended up cracking the right one trying to get it in.

Yanked the back ones - and may one of these days try again - with a box cutter knife on a new set of rears.

Your fit may vary. But both my rear doors produced the same 'bad/compressed' fit.
Doug, I was under the impression that the "ventshades" you purchased were the adhesive external type, available from AVS (Auto Ventshade) under the AVS VentVisor brand, but maybe I'm wrong--or did you end up buying the MacNeil product after having a problem with what you bought originally?

Maybe you used a different brand entirely, and not those mentioned here.

AVS doesn't even cover the wagons, looking at their drop-down menu, and nothing for any late B-body applications as an "in-channel" design.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Get the Weathertech in channel, fits well have them in 2 cars. You can not fold in the mirrors with these installed tho,,,

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I have the in-channel in my wagon. This is actually the third wagon I've used them in. They seem very durable as they have held up well with no cracking or anything like that. The one thing I've noticed is that it does tend to make the window a little tight in the full up position but I've never broken any sliders or anything like that. Check the for sale section as that's where I found mine.:)

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
yes sir, glad i found this thread. i will spring for the weathertech "in-channel" design... thanks for the part numbers guys.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
any of you want to post any pictures of how they look?

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
For those using these with window tint, how well do they blend in?

Are you either:

1.) Tinting all 4 door glass to the same darkness?

2.) Lighter front doors and darker back doors?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts