Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at options right now. Not sure if I want to go to SS whells or just get new whitewalls for the stockers. Having trouble finding whitewalls in 235-70-15 locally, and ebay only comes up with Vogues.

· Premium Member
3,776 Posts
It is becoming a problem--the industry is marginalizing the OE 15" wheel, more or less. There's alot more money to be made by convincing people to upsize, and I think part of the strategy is to reduce availability and/or to focus tire technology improvements in the larger wheel fitment applications.

But, here are a couple--available at Discount Tire:

available in 235-70/15 with white stripe

Yokohama Aegis LS4

There are plenty of other retail outlets, but I've had good experiences with Discount Tire--my sister (in Bradenton) has an RMW and had a couple of tire problems, so I did some research and discovered that Discount isn't (yet) on the Gulf Coast of Florida....here's the closest:

Discount Tire
(863) 326-1614
5686 Roosevelt Drive
Winter Haven, FL 33884

Not THAT far, but just a bit of a PITA....

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wal Mart, and Pep Boys should have them. Tire Rack if you want online.
I checked Walmart on line and didn't get any results on the tire size, and I thought Pep Boys was only good for stick on port holes and LEDZZZZZZZZ :D

It is becoming a problem--the industry is marginalizing the OE 15" wheel, more or less. There's alot more money to be made by convincing people to upsize, and I think part of the strategy is to reduce availability and/or to focus tire technology improvements in the larger wheel fitment applications.

But, here are a couple--available at Discount Tire:

available in 235-70/15 with white stripe

Yokohama Aegis LS4

There are plenty of other retail outlets, but I've had good experiences with Discount Tire--my sister (in Bradenton) has an RMW and had a couple of tire problems, so I did some research and discovered that Discount isn't (yet) on the Gulf Coast of Florida....here's the closest:

Discount Tire
(863) 326-1614
5686 Roosevelt Drive
Winter Haven, FL 33884

Not THAT far, but just a bit of a PITA....
Thanks for the tip. I'll check with these guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.