Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where should the shock sensor be mounted? Must it be mounted a certain way? My alarm manual didn't cover that part.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent been able to finish it yet because I have to get out to PAP and get some relays and connectors. Im taking a bunch of pics and maybe I can do somewhat of a write up.

·
Registered
233 Posts
What is the shock sensor??

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Where should the shock sensor be mounted? Must it be mounted a certain way? My alarm manual didn't cover that part.
it should be in a center point in the car secured to an attaching body piont. that way both sides have the same sensitivity.a good spot I have always found is the wire harness under your dash.

of note, if you soild mount it they are usually less reliable.that why I always choose the harness:)

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
it should be a center point in the car secured. that way both sides have the same sensitivity.a good spot I have always found is the wire harness under your dash.

of note, if you soild mount it they are usually less reliable.that's why I always choose the harness:)

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
the harness would probably be too short but if u make an extension u could screw it to the body right below the armrest location. i would adjust the sensitively and carefully give it a bang test before installing the seat,center console.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts