Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which are the best the 9C1 or energy suspenion? My car is lowered but still get a little roll. I want it real tight when Im coming off the ramp at 100mph.

------------------

96BBB DJM 2" 3" drop springs/EnergySuspension components(all)/20"KMC STEALTH rims/Trenz billet grille & chrome bowtie/High polished inscriptions & LT1 logo on fender/Chrome pillar post/mirror tint/Clear corner & tail lights/High polished door sills,door bezel,window switch cover,lower bezel behind steering wheel,pedals,steering wheel,the whole console & shift knob,600 watt PPI sound system/Team SS intake with K&N & airfoil/hypertech program/Meziere pump/LT4 ESC/flowmasters with catdelete/B&M shift +/9c1 airdam/T-B bypass/ported MAF sensor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's apples to oranges.

The 9C1 "body bushings" are NOT the body bushings in the conventional sense (i.e. the ones between the body and frame). Rather, they are the ones that go on the BOTTOM side of the frame, between the frame and bolt head.

The ES ones are the ones that go between the body and frame.

On a stock SS, do the 9C1 bushings. It'll be, by far, bigger "bang for the buck".

If you want it REAL tight coming off the onramp, do swaybars.

------------------

Ed Runnion -- Santa Clara CA -- 96 BBB, Many Mods
[email protected]
www.runnion.net
ROD, HAIL, SoCalSS, ISSCA, NAISSO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so how do you replace the bushings between the body and frame? I assume you don't need to lift up the body off the frame completely right? Also what's a good kit to do both? In-between and lower bushings?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, you do have to lift the body off the frame to change out the bushings between them (i.e the Energy Suspension ones). By contrast, the 9C1 bushings are VERY easy to change out.....under an hour to do all of them.

I'd be wary of doing the ES ones however. Ungreased Polyurethane can SQUEAK like heck once it gets a few miles on it! Just stick to stock (or better) rubber for them.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just started to replace/install my body bushings and I can't even verify that the #5 ones are there (the ones that are supposed to be at the top of the frame arches by the rear wheels). I know these are not affected by the body bushing mod, but I can't even find them by running my fingers between the frame and the body. I was doing this in 10 degree weather with gloves on, so I'll check again later. Anybody with a '96 that has done the bushing mod and noticed this?

Pat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pat : the #5 lower bushings are not there, and are not supposed to be. The upper bushings (i.e. ones between body and frame) at that point are basically held in place by only the weight of the car! They are there, just your fingers are numb

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Ed. But do the ES bushings improve anything on the car or is this one of those mystery mods?
The car want be stock anymore in the begining of spring.

[This message has been edited by Travis Lewis (edited January 29, 2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Travis : it's gonna depend a lot on what kind of shape your stock bushings are in (replacing them with ES ones). I WILL guarantee that you'll notice the 9C1 bushing mod however!

Personally, until they are toast I wouldn't bother replacing the bushings between the body and frame.

Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.