1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ACDELCO 19383531 Professional; Remanufactured
CAD$387.02

or

ACDELCO 19212300 {#01104032, 1103916, 1104032} GM Original Equipment; Remanufactured; Supplied w/Cap, Rotor and Harness Info
CAD$493.84

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Rockauto has the top choice for $300 that includes a $75 core... So,making cost $225 once core's returned...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did copy and paste from rock auto

My totals are with core fee included

I would not be returning my oem unit will keep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
If nothing's wrong with it,why replace?

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
There is a issue which is why researching my options

Why so secret? Everybody with one of these cars has or had 'an issue' with theirs by now. lol Can you go with the car down a bit? Just remove it and check whether it just needs a normal maint. type Cap/rotor. And look over some threads to get all the little torx drivers you'll need. And buy a timing cover gasket kit for the seals. And get the special opti o-rings if not in the kit you get - they're not the same as the waterpump.

And perfect time for new wires and plugs while it's more opener in there. There's threads on the perfect hints for the job.

And when you have everything off in the front it's easy to stand inside to R&R the intake for the most assuredly positive leaks by now at the china walls.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The 2nd one says genuine items which I am leaning towards since I hope it has the better internals

The price I list is in cnd dollars to with exchange etc

Comes with harness

I did order new ngk plugs and new wires

Next to do new opti

Did few weeks ago new Bosch injectors

So far just trying to do good up keep since I don’t have paper train from last owner of any tune ups

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Many,if not most vendors list as "out of stock",or "discontinued" once order is placed...

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Order the other one...
ACDELCO 19383531

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
That's why I keep two. How about you Bob? :D
You mean two optis, or, 2 cars? hahaha I used my only 'spare' oem unit for rebuilding the 1-year old aftermarket unit on the FWB I bought 1 1/2 years back. They'll likely have all the bugs worked out in a few years with at least one reliable quality namebrand. So until then I'm gonna fill any 'new opti requirements by rebuilding junkyard units.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found oem gm dizzy are part number

But reading others who did review some say not oem sensor inside

Any thoughts on this ?

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
I've repeatedly tried to explain only one choice is available... The other is discontinued.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
rockauto AC Delco reman inventory now shows no AC Delco remans available (96 anyway) as it did a few days ago. They may get restock in the future

IDK if the "reman" ones still have the original Mitsubishi sensor in them or not

junkyard original Optis may be the ticket for sensors to then be used in new "china made" optis

OP

on the timing cover gasket set, get Felpro # TCS 45956. It will have all the gaskets/seals, and more, than you need. Typically around $10-$12 here in the States

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
Ps which kit preferred ?

View attachment 177386
a few months ago I suggested to a member to try this one out .. he had a couple of opti new that did not work properly .. paid big bucks for those other opti distributors .. well this is $68 USD and it worked for him .. after he installed this one he stated it worked no problems .. this also has a life time warranty if it fails but you have to return it .. also no core .. cheap part guessing.. https://www.1aauto.com/distributor/i/1aedi00075?f=387457&y=1996

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
You mean two optis, or, 2 cars? hahaha I used my only 'spare' oem unit for rebuilding the 1-year old aftermarket unit on the FWB I bought 1 1/2 years back. They'll likely have all the bugs worked out in a few years with at least one reliable quality namebrand. So until then I'm gonna fill any 'new opti requirements by rebuilding junkyard units.
2 LT1 cars :D

The last time I was on the forum Skip White seemed they way to go. I bought one 18 months ago, but bought another house and who knows where it is (I don't have any spare time at the moment anyway).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts