Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the edelbrock shortie heads on stock lt1 96 impala and they were fine, but when i put the lt4 kit, the gaskets went out. So my mechanic reccomended some dead soft gaskets. R they any good or what should I go with??

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
If they have a really nice flat flange like the stock manifolds, the stock Felpro replacement will work. BUT, the Earls are very nice gaskets. Quite a bit more expensive, but many will say they are worth it. I also hear a lot of talk about the percy dead soft aluminums being very good. I have been tempted to try those myself.

·
Administrator
6,097 Posts
As I have mentioned before, I used copper gaskets, and I have have never re-torqued or had any leaks. Years of use, and over 30 000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
7,841 Posts
I had the edelbrock shortie heads on stock lt1 96 impala and they were fine, but when i put the lt4 kit, the gaskets went out. So my mechanic reccomended some dead soft gaskets. R they any good or what should I go with??

Your mechanic is right. Percys dead soft aluminum gaskets seal better than any that i have ever used. You should order some from jegs , they are also reusable.

·
Registered
466 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.