Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About time to re-coat the headers.

Looks like Jet Hot has a good deal more coating options than I remember. Which one is everyone using?

Don't want to cheap out but also don't want to way overkill either.

Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I went with the polished ceramic coating. For my shorty headers, it was $295 including the cost of shipping them back to me. I was thinking of going colored as they have some sweet colors, but I like the polished look and it was cheaper.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I dont know which coating to use but make sure whatever shop you send them too, talk about the prep work. The key to making sure the coating stays and performs is all in the prep work.

As questions like, "How long is the prep process?", "What is your prep process?", "What kind of prep work do you do to the inside of the headers?"

If these questions are brushed aside, find another place quick as the coating will not last long and your wallet will be twice as light.

Curtis

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ended up going with Jet Hot Extreme 2000 Blue (probably overkill but I'd rather be safe than replace AC lines). I'm pretty happy with the result and turn around time. Supposedly Jet Hot guarantees for life, but I haven't dug into the terms or claim process...we'll see how it holds up. I've got Jet Hot 1500 on my sedan headers and I'm going on 5 years with no rust.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
I actually heard from a friend that had some warranty issues. They sent out a call tag for UPS to pick them up, recoat them and ship them back. Sounds like pretty good customer service.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good info on the warranty!

They were $350...so $400ish with shipping factored in. Believe it's a bit cheaper if you go with the standard 1500 degree coating

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.