Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy the magic gas for the impala, just which kit? I am looking at the NX express Maf end kit, the TNT F2 Kit, and a Compucar kit. I plan on running the Mallory Hyfire VI CD ignition box, to light up the mixture, and run an additonal fuel pressure pump. Also I have seen a guage pod that mounts on the center console, by your right leg, where do i get this. I think it is a slick place for the nitrous pressure and fuel pressure guage. Currently i can click off 14.2's, i want in the 12's. Here is the setup: Tri-ys, flowmaster cat back, SSRI stage 3, PCmforless, Edge 2800 stall convertor, stock gears, and bfg drag radials. I am going on the big 6 month deployment so I will be able to fund this endevor in april. Looking forward to next ECIRS season and SHSS #5, 3 was a blast!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If the NX kit is one of those that involves spraying nitrous across the MAF to trick the computer, I would stay away from it. I have a Nitrous Works kit. While I must say I have had really good luck with their plate, the line was short (probably long enough for an F-Body), the kit didn't include any sort of relay (the directions called for wiring it direct off the throttle switch, I have seen these melt under load and stick, causing the nitrous kit to not shut off) and my biggest complaint, the nitrous solenoid failed to open the second time I took the car to the track. Now that I have a pair of NOS cheater solenoids and supplied my own relay, the kit works great. Basically I spent over $500 for a bottle, plate, and line.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BigBlock Ditto! :eek: I have the Nitrous Works kit with all the safety nets (255 walboro,FP switch, MSD box plus retard and ect..)and it works like a charm at 75 shot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SSHAGIN

I would suggest the TNT kit(s), I say kits with an s because dont overlook the TNT f-1 kit.

If your looking to build an all out spary car go with the F-2 kit, but if you just want a kit that will get the job done the F-1 kit is nice.

The F-1 Kit took my best NA time of 13.55 @ 103 to 12.1 @ 113. that was with a 150 shot. I have the walboro 255 fuel pump MSD window switch 3000rpm on 6200rpm off

I hope this helps you out. TNT rocks
Jason

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm running the NX kit .. I love it ! but brand is not really the issue here .. just make sure it's a wet kit!! ... GET ALL THE SAFETIES !! Money well spent!! Play safe !

Kenny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.