Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had any choice of automotive seats which one would you install in your impala/caprice? I am not looking for the answer of bonnies. Lexus? Saab? BMW? GTO? Need an idea. Thanks -Josh

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
I can say that I have had 6 way Bonnies and have 12 way Bonnies now, but the offset of the seat as compared to the steering wheel annoys the sh$% out of me, but I am going to take care of that this winter. Also I have installed Roady seats in a Caprice and they are really nice and direct bolt in if you don't have a center console, but if you do, it isn't a huge deal to cut of the portion of the drivers seat on a Roady seat that extends over in place of the console. FWIW the Impala seats are modeled of the Roady frames. As far as the others that you have listed haven't seen them installed in a caprice or an imp for that matter, worst case go to the junkyard and try them out, anything can be made to work, but you may have to fabricate your own style mounts to get them in right.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i mean, i want to install seats that nobody has before. Some thing that is cool looking but also comfortable. Basically which seats do you think would look sexy in an impala? Making them fit should be no problem :D. -Josh

·
Registered
346 Posts
new mustang seats are the ****.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have heard that the GTO seats are real comfy.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I had thought that I'd like to see what 80's style Trans Am seats looked like. Especially the GTA seat which were 8 way seats at the time. Held my skiiny ass right in place. Or even some seats from the 93-02 Camaro/Firebirds? There is also the option of Grand Prix seats or even Buick Regal seats wich should mount similalrly to the Bonnies.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I did 7 series in mine and then went to the Bonnies. After getting bonnies put in i didnt miss the 7 series seats at all.

·
Registered
92 Posts
W140 S-Class seats!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I really like those z4 seats. Thank you everyone for the ideas. I have some measuring to do :D. -Josh

1 - 20 of 33 Posts