Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to love my clears but now I'm not sure, thinking about going back stock. One big reason is that the leds just aren't bright enough. I'm thinking about trying to make some custom leds to put in my clears. Anyways what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I like the way the clears look on there alot....

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
smoke the clears FTW

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
Making your own is time consuming to a point of annoyance, and a pain in the tush. There are some new ultrabright LEDs out, and I saw a 3 watt 1157 red bulb on ebay. It should be bright enough to do the job, but thay are not cheap.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
If the choice is only these two, I like the stocks better.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Stocks, I hate the look of clear.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
If the choice is only these two, I like the stocks better.
Even if the choice was every other light that could possibly fit, I will still say stock.

The 91-92 lights look "ok"...but they make the back of the car look too wide/round to me...the 93-96 lights look the best, specifically with the blacked out trim and black pinstripes that are on the SS lights (and not on the Caprice lights)...slightly wider pinstripes than the stock SS pinstripes look cooler...and better reflective material inside the lights makes them look cooler too...but still start with stock 93-96 lights to make that all happen.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
here ill try and help you out...ill try and find a better pic of when i had stocks on...

Stock

Clears

with cheap red bulbs

Reverse Lights

With NEW RED LED BULBS

Smoked Clears

·
Registered
346 Posts
i think the clears look like ass except when on white cars, gotta love the 91-92 lights because they are different but stock

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think clears look better on dggm than on dcm or bbb. But sometimes I look at them on my car and I hate them. I'm going to keep the stocks I put on for now (unless I can find some 91's). I'll prolly hang on to the clears to play around with some leds or something.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.