Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Which would you spray?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  nomrlz 
#1 ·
I have two cars that I could put nitrous on. Ill list them and their mods and you tell me what you think.
1971 chevrolet caprice
350 cu. in. SBC, turbo 400(w/ hughes 2500 stall),3.42 posi 10 bolt. Motor has dart 200cc heads, 224 straight summit cam,Edelbrock RPM intake,holley 4150(600 cfm),long tubes with 2 1/4" exhaust. cast pistons w/4 bolt mains.Engine has less than 5000 miles on it.Ring seal seems good
1994 Caprice
b4u,lt1,HD intake,Pcm tune,Fresh trans w/2800 edge, 3.73 w/eaton, pypes/flow AT exhaust. Car has 114k on the clock and runs like one.
My goal is to keep up with the ls1's in my city. I need to pick up a second or more to do so.Both cars seem equally fast as they sit, with the edge if any going to the '94. Which would you shoot?

#3 ·
In all honesty I couldn't agree more. But my lack of funding and those around me running ls1's and leaving me behind, desperate times call for desperate measures...

#4 ·
Sell the 71 Caprice... use that money to build your SS up right the first time. No need to be desperate just because a car has an ls1 in it. Its better technology.. and those cars are probably lighter.

Many times desperate measures add up to dumb decisions. Using nitrous is a gamble on a stock motor (depending on how much is used and how often). Sure there are people on here that do it and have not blown their motor "yet".. as well there are ones that have blown their motor as well.

Just a thought.

#6 ·
Yeah I noticed that too... fine.. done! Use the 71 until you get the funds to do your SS right.

#7 ·
Yea i cant part with the '71.He was my first and my favorite:)I agree that im only going to find temporary crutch with nitrous,but i cant fall that far behind these guys. Im known as the "car guy" and im the slowest!goddamn purchased speed, far easier than actually building it.

#8 ·
set the nitrous up the right way on either and they will treat you fine. 100-150 shot won't do damage as long as you have plenty of fuel and spark. also pull a lil timing, run atleast 93oct gas and stay off the limiter. we used to put 125shots on stock irocs and such when kids and didnt pull timing or change plugs or etc. never a problem and still don't have problems. both engines sound mild enuff that there is room for error. hit me up if you need help and i'll give ya my limited knowledge. just don't go cheap and cut corners

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.