Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am just about due for a new set of tires and was interested in going with the old school look since I can't rock rims where I'm at right now...So I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good performance brand of white lettered tires as well as how much they would go for and if they'd fit on the 9c1 rims? If anyone can post pics of a Caprice with the 9c1 rims and white lettered tires it would be much appreciated....Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
8" wide Truck rallys but you get the point. BF Goodrich Radial TAs all the way around, 235/60 on the front and 275/50 on the rear. If using a 9C1 wheel (7" wide) I wouldn't go larger than a 255/60....just my opinion.

·
Registered
501 Posts
goodyear gt eagles II, they are the most common white letter tires on hotrods

·
Registered
121 Posts
same as above

I think mine are the same as one of the guys above. Pretty good tires. Seem to be good in wet weather too but they're not drag tires. Also not rated to the full speed of the Caprice, so I wouldn't recommend driving them at 140 mph.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have seen the indy500 addition too. I think firestone makes that one. they look good but arent cheap. and someone has a nascar addition too but cant remember who
goodyear makes the nascar tire. they are the official tire of nascar.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I have seen the indy500 addition too. I think firestone makes that one. they look good but arent cheap. and someone has a nascar addition too but cant remember who
Actually the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires are the cheapest RWL tire available for us.....

www.tirerack.com has the best prices.

235/60/15 and 275/50/15 looks like crap. Way too skinny.

255/60/15 front and 275/60/15 rear looks way better. Gives it a badass muscle car look.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the info and for all the pics....Figured these will look nice and do the job until I can afford some IROC's and move where my car is not parked on the street. I am assuming these tires mentioned are still made in the U.S. ? Also whats the deal with these yellow ones?? I've seen them before, and they look alright. Are they a special edition or just been custom painted???

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
mine with 255/70/r15 tires are Uniroyal Tiger Paws and are GREAT. tiger paws are the main tire used in my area. everyone has them. oh and word is, those yellow goodyears are DISCONTINUED!!!!

·
Banned
1,248 Posts
Goodyear really doesn't make a performance tire for our cars anymore. You can still get good tires, but IMHO performance tires in 15" are hard to find. All of these tires (with the exception of Nitto and Cooper) have white lettering and provide excellent performance.

Listed in order of best to worst:

1. Nitto N555R
2. Firehawk Indy 500
3. Cooper Cobra Radial G/T
4. BfGoodrich Radial T/A
5. Herculeus HP 4000

I still have charts from the QualloSS handbook updates, but these were really the best of the best in current production.

IMHO 18" 2012 Caprice wheels fitted on Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Ovals with white lettering would be the ultimate combo. It's a work in progress.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.