Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Who has 275-50-15's or close

531 views 11 replies 0 participants last post by  N0DIH 
G
#1 ·
Im looking for a wider tire for a stock rim. I couldnt find the guy in MA who has these on his Fleetwood.

What brand of tire do you have? How good is traction? I searched ebay and could only find Nitto drag radials.

G
#6 ·
Most all 275/50R15 tires are not rated for 7" width wheels. The lowest rating I've seen is for 7.5" width wheels. I know, :rolleyes: , I'm just saying... Often you give up things like warranty, service plans, and some shops refuse to install when you use tires that are not rated for the application. Might be a good idea to read the fine print if you go that way, if you mind it.

Don't you need 275/60R15 to keep the stock diameter and avoid speedometer error? More sizes brands carry it, it's cheaper, and you're safely within the minimum wheel width. They should fit, anyone have them and know for certain?

G
#7 ·
I just researched a bunch before I bought tires. I know 275/60/15 sizes all recommend an 8" wheel. You can see the size difference between a 255/60/15 and a 275/60/15 in the post below.
It's on a Caprice, but it gives you an idea of how much bigger the 275's are. here

G
#9 ·
Im just bought two BFGoodrich 275-60-15 Street legal drag radials im going to run on the rear as a daily driver rear tire. They better fit. Im going to get some wider tires for the front. Im trying to keep my car looking stock/stealthy, only give away is exhaust/tips.

G
#10 ·
Originally posted by 2-B1G-w00ds:
Im just bought two BFGoodrich 275-60-15 Street legal drag radials im going to run on the rear as a daily driver rear tire. They better fit.
So you will be running these on a 15x7 rim?

Let me know how the drag radials turn out! I am having a hard time finding 2 15x8 'Burb Wheels, but have an excess of 15x7's

Chris

G
#12 ·
I would LOVE to get 275 60 15's on mine. So no other issues save the handles?

I have some 15x8 (pair) from a truck, but they aren't the heavy Suburban rims. Maybe go with them and my old 73's Fleetwood hubcaps. Everyone seems to like them better than the factory aluminum wheels.... http://www.hubcaps.org/fleetwood.html they look like CAD011 if you are interested.

I have my snow tires on still that are toast. I would love someone to do a burnout and burn then down to the cords!

I have seen lots of 70's Trans AM's with 275 60 15's, it was a common swap on the 15x7's Rally II's

[ 04-20-2007, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: RamAirRocket ]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.