Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the lowest miles on their Caprice? Don't forget to mention the year of your ride.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just turned 18.5 K miles on my 96
I bought it in March 02' when it just barely turned 9K

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that sounds like an awesome car you have. Lucky find, good for you.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't think i qualify. Mine has close to 300000 on it, no i didn't ad an extra 0. It is a 1992 oldsmobile custom cruiser with a 5.7 in it. It still runs like new. As long as you change the oil on time and keep the service up to date you'll have no prob.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's so incredible that these cars can go so many miles. These Caprice cars are very durable.

My car has 11,850 miles on it. It's a 1977 Landau with a 4 barrel 5.7 liter engine. I want to drive it but I'm affraid I'll hurt it's value. I love this car, it still smells like new inside.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Joseph:
i don't think i qualify. ... It is a 1992 oldsmobile custom cruiser<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FYI: This topic is in the "Caprice" section.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just bought a 94 caprice wagon with 105,600 and retired a 95 9c1 in november with 145,XXX.

hey, KC Clark dont be a negative nancy. he just wanted to post how many miles were on his car. and he started off by sayin he didnt think he qualified. just a couple pennies from the dude.

and Goldmember i luv those old big body caprices, keep it clean.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh, and goldmember, im not tryin to steal your name (in my sig.) it was just somethin funny my friend said when i told him the color of my car..."gold/woody, you mean you got the goldmember..." youre still the OG (origonal goldmember)-damn that was corny

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gilsi:
hey, KC Clark dont be a negative nancy. he just wanted to post how many miles were on his car. and he started off by sayin he didnt think he qualified. just a couple pennies from the dude.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't say a thing about a 300k car not belonging in a "Lowest Miles" thread. I was just reminding David and anyone else that gets here via "Today's Active Topics" that this thread is in the "Caprice" section. I did this because there are a bunch of very low mileage Impalas out there that don't qualify.

BTW: There are at least two "highest mileage" threads on the forum. The latest one was:

Topic: Highest Mileage B-body

Here is an older one:

Topic: WHO'S GOT THE HIGHEST MILAGE ON THIS BOARD!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's all good. Lowest, highest miles, show us what you have
We should break walls down instead of build them. A car is more than transportation, it's a thing of pride and beauty. What can I say? I'm from Holland, isn't that veird?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gilsi:
.....and Goldmember i luv those old big body caprices, keep it clean.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll try my best to keep it klean. Keep on chugging with your 9C1 and Caprice wagon, there's plenty more miles left in them.

:cool:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh ok, now i see your beef KC Clark, my bad champ, just misunderstood

lol @ Goldmember, yea that is veird
(hello mosha, hello fasha...)

on a different note, i think its great to see a b-body go 300k+ (no matter what kind it is) makes me happy to know i got many more a fun journey in the body.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
300k on a 92 CC??? Was the engine rebuilt?

I have 95k on my 92 CC and I dont think it is going to last much longer.

I know some kid that has a 93 RM with 230k with an orignal engine but it got totaled.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In response to whether i belong here: Even though this is an oldsmobile the car is vertually identical to the caprice wagon. The only diff is the name and dash design. Both came with the l03/l05, 4l60E transmission, and same rear end and body. So i believe even though it doesn't say caprice, it is still a caprice.

About my car. My cousin bought this car new in 1992. He drove it to bunches of buisness trips all over the country for his. sometime around the 78,000 mile the odometer stopped counting correctly. He kept track of the estimated mileage in a work log for reimbersement. I inherited this car about 2 years ago and have tried to keep the log up to date. It is estimated to have 296,000 miles on it. My cousin worked in a mechanics shop before the job traveling. He kept incredible care of the car. He normally changed the oil every 1500 to 2500 miles. He never let it go more than 3000 miles on oil. From what i can see he servuced the car himself more often than required by oldsmobile. So most of the miles were highway miles. The engine hasn't been rebuilt. The car actually hit a deer about 6 years ago crushing most of the front of the car. He redid all the body work, and internal parts to get it back to origional shape. He took great care of his car, and now i'm taking care of it.

Vandal835, do you have the l03 or l05. I have been told the l05 had a much beter service record than the l03. What is the problem with your wagon?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
178,820 miles on my beloved 91 caprice classic! Engine still stong and even eats up a couple of rice racers (on the highway of course, no chance on the strip with a stock 305) and she has made 3 trips from Kings Bay, GA sub base to El Paso, TX home sweet home! I think it totaled about 9,000 miles. That is a est 1,500 one way trip and I did them in 24hrs, don't ask me why, I was a younger and dumber fool than what I was before! :D Keep them B-bodies chuggin'!

Oscar

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was curious on how many actual miles those trips were. On two of these trips I traveled with my buddy to North Louisana to have company on the road and have a place to sleep for free(after my 24hr one way trip, i realized how stupid that was). So the grand total on one round trip with LA stop was 3341.83. And actually even with the stop actual road time was about 25 to 26 hours anyway.

Being from Holland is not veird, the fact that a 1977 Caprice being over there is veird! Laters..

Oscar

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another dutch Caprice here with 86000 miles, ex funeral home car, so most likely a very careful 86000 miles

It's a 91 btw

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought my '93 in 1999 w/ 52K on the clock. It has 145,838 now. This is most definately my daily driver. :D

Looks like my car didn't have a chance at "lowest miles" even when I bought it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts