Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
U

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a set of 6.5 templates already made for the front speakers. I know I can make them myself but I have no time or specific tools. Thanx :D
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why not print out the template diagram and take it to your local audio shop and have them do'em?

I did the same thing and I only paid $20 :D
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I did and the shop only charged me 10 bucks for them cuz they wanted to keep the templet for future projects
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It took half a hour and about $8 of wood to make them, do it your self.
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just a little FYI:

i have sold a dozen or so sets on this forum.


not everyone has the time, energy, tools, or know how to make these speaker mounts guys... even with templates.
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by PIMPALA--SS:
just a little FYI:

i have sold a dozen or so sets on this forum.


not everyone has the time, energy, tools, or know how to make these speaker mounts guys... even with templates.
I bought a set of Pimps a year ago or so.

I really was to lazy to make my own and for what he charged, it really was no biggie.

Pimp,
I will finally get them in this weekend!
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome man, take some pics of the install, so we can all see how it goes!
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if there is a pep boys near you,they sell spacers for a ford door speaker so you can install 5 1/4 or 6 1/2.they will fit on our doors too.you only need to drill one hole and the rest will line right up.a pair sells for about 8 bucks.in the audio dept. :D
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by impalassdude:
if there is a pep boys near you,they sell spacers for a ford door speaker so you can install 5 1/4 or 6 1/2.they will fit on our doors too.you only need to drill one hole and the rest will line right up.a pair sells for about 8 bucks.in the audio dept. :D
that leaves HUGE gaps in the door around the speaker.

hook them up like that, and see how much midbass that you DONT get. (its like having a subwoofer thats not in a box, and expecting to get bass from it)
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anyone tried making the template out of thin sheet metal? Was looking to go this route thinking it might be thinner then wood??

-Brian
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Bri's'96SS:
Has anyone tried making the template out of thin sheet metal? Was looking to go this route thinking it might be thinner then wood??
You could probably do this but you would want to roll some ribs into it for stiffness and use some sealer between it and the door frame to prevent rattling. The thickness of the wood also serves as a spacer to allow deeper aftermarket speakers to be used without the magnets hitting the window mechanicals.
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
exactly.

there are more than a few reasons why wood is better than metal, and none that say metal is better than wood.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All good points....guess I'll be using wood.

Pimpala-SS...got any sets for sale?? Got the doors apart already as I'm doing some other things.

-Brian
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top